There are so many western celebs whose styles I personally admire, like La La Vasquez, Olivia Palermo, Kourtney Kardashian, however, lately, Solange Knowles’ has been on top of her African print fashion game and I love it.
While most of our local celebs are trying to look and sound like Beyonce (lol), lately, Solange a close blood of Beyonce has been getting in touch with her inner African queen.
She’s been rocking a lot of African prints and African inspired fashion. Apart from Solange getting in touch with her roots, she also went natural which I personally think it looks hot and cute on her.
I love this woman’s sense of style so much; I even think she is my girl crush (ssssshh!!).
Solange is very famous for rocking chunky braids; I especially love it when she puts them in a high bun. Compared to most celebs, Solange is not afraid to stand out, she is daring and she is very unique in her fashion choices.
Solange’s style is trendy, cool and fun…I love love love it. It makes me proud as an African. Whiles our very own African celebrities seem to have relegated African styles to the gutters, I find it great that someone far from us has seen the beauty and glamour in our styles…
Which African or western celebs’ do you think have also fully embraced the African style? Why do you think some of our local celebs are trying so hard to look like some American celebs instead of embracing and endorsing African fashion?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- MUST READ: Just One More Point Of Separation | Ghana’s Current Religious Divide in Education Taking Focus Off What’s Most Important
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Beautiful Jackie Appiah, Yvonne Nelson, Efya, Majid Michel, Martha Ankomah & Others
- Is Menaye Donkor Pregnant? | Fan Tells GC She is Hiding Her Pregnancy
- PHOTOS: Itz Tiffany Just DRUNK Some of the Bad Girl-Rihanna Kool-Aid
- Adwoa N.B Writes: 58 Years & Counting...Still We Cannot Provide the Basics