BCC’s Alex Jakana flew to Ghana to report on the new craze in town-AZONTO, which is tipped to take over the world in the next few months…As a Ghanaian Entertainment blogger, I love the fact that an international mainstream media like the BBC has found interest in what was started at our little corner-Ghana.
However, I feel the report could have been better presented…There are huge AZONTO talents (dancers and musicians) who could have been featured. The likes of Sarkodie and Tiffany have added more meaning and style to Azonto, therefore, I think such a feature should not have excluded them. I thought Sarkodie was the King of Azonto…I guess BBC is saying a different thing!
Also, has BBC not gotten a Ghanaian reporter? Even if they do not have one, they could simply have hired the many talented Ghanaian freelance showbiz reporters to have perfectly file the report…I am trying to say, eventhough Alex Jakana did his best, we can tell our story much better than any other person…#justsaying
All the same, the shine and highlight is a good thing!
Over the past year a new dance craze has popped onto the Ghanaian music scene and has been making waves across West Africa and beyond.
Azonto fever has gripped diaspora communities in the USA and in the UK with some London based artists even flying over to Ghana to learn the moves.
Check out the video below
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- The High Price Some Women Have to Pay for Patriarchy: ‘Virg*nity Stones’ in High Demand in Cameroon Despite Obvious Health Implications
- It’s Happening Tonight in London | The Premiere of DOUBLE CROSS Featuring Ama K. Abebrese, John Dumelo, Adjetey Anang, Jasmine Baroudi & Others
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Yvonne Nelson, Sandra Ankobiah, Adjetey Anang, Ama K Abebrese, John Dumelo, Kafui Danku, Eazzy & Nana Ama McBrown
- ‘Family Album’ Featuring Majid Michel, Christabel Ekeh, Kofi Adjorlolo, Kafui Danku, Roselyn Ngissah & Others to Be Premiered on 7th November in Accra | Watch the Trailer
- Kumi Guitar says the Ghana Music Awards Controversy Made Him a Bit Popular