I’ve been with my partner for 8 months now and when he proposed to me last month I said yes without hesitation. He’s an amazing man and I cant wait to be married to him and spend our lives together.
When we first met I just knew he was everything I was looking for. As we plan to marry early next year I’ve been working so hard to prepare everything.
As I’m from Nigeria and he is from Ghana I’m trying to do what i can to balance the wedding so they dont say my people are taking over but all this is a waste.
I’m now heartbroken and depressed because his mother recently called me to say she does not want the marriage and I should break off the relationship with her son because she has already chosen his wife for him. I cannot bring myself to tell him because they are so close and he will never belive me.
My Fiance has since noticed the change and continues to ask what’s wrong. My best friend said I’m mad and should run as I will have to deal with her for the rest of my life.
I cant tell anyone apart from my friend as they will all say the same thing. it’s too upsetting and I dont know if I can go ahead with this wedding.
Whilst it is true when you marry you are marrying his family also, you do need to know the kind of man you are committing the rest of your life to.
You need to step up here, so you can see how he reacts and know how to proceed. I’m not advising you to start stamping your feet and calling his mother names. You need to let him know what was said by the mother and see his reaction from there.
Hope this helps. Let’s see what GC readers got to say too!
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Kwaw Kese Hits on the Ghanaian Government | Says the Leaders Are DUMB
- OPEN GOSSIP: A Ghanaian Movie Director Puts His Finger Down an Actress on Set & Goes About Asking Others to SNIFF It?
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Jackie Appiah, Martha Ankomah, Christabel Ekeh, Nadia Buari & Nikki Samonas…
- Nadia Ntanu Handed Official Miss Ghana Car
- Ghanaian Musician Deeba Who is Alleged to Have Defiled His Step Child is Now UNDER HOUSE ARREST in the UK