What a good topic to kick start the new GC’s Lifestyle column-THE BIG QUESTION…
I am yet to meet a Ghanaian who has not been ripped off by one of the many telecommunication companies in Ghana in a way of bad/poor service.
One basic expectation of any consumer is to get his/her money worth. However, when it comes to our part of the world, no matter how much of a demand you make, you are still likely to be given less value for your hard earned cash.
A sector which champions this disproportionate relationship between what they offer and what consumers pay is telecommunication. Most of the networks in Ghana are a mess…
You do not have to be with them to know how poor they are with their services. Their customers will easily give you the vibe from their facial expressions and unending complaints.
If the phone of every person you try to reach is not SWITCHED OFF, then all the people you are calling are busy on their phones.
If there is no network congestion, then the phone call you are paying for will cut off anytime the conversation is getting interesting.
If the internet modem you purchased will not take forever to open a page, then it will disconnect the moment you see something that you really want to read or look at.
If the little rains will not disrupt your internet service, it will surely make it excessively slow.
If the credits (units) on your phone are not being stolen by dwarfs when you have not used them, then you are on lucky Ghanaian. Do not get excited, even with your luck, you will still be told you have no credit to make a call when your balance says otherwise.
If you do not have to wait till your battery dies before you get to speak to a customer service agent, she/he will intentionally cut the phone call when you begin to tell her your problem and she figures out she cannot help.
If you are not confused as me when it comes to the countless packages these operators advertise to the extent that you do not even know which one is really cheap and good for you, then you do not simply have a mobile phone or data plan.
From your own experience, what telecommunication company in Ghana deserves to be booted out of the country? I mean, which one do you think is a BIG MESS and why? Which one will you recommend?
Here they are: MTN, GLO, EXPRESSO, VODAFONE, AIRTEL & TIGO
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Afia Schwarzenegger Exposes Delay | Says She's A Wh*re Who Sleeps With Sakawa Boys & MORE
- Can We Recognise This Man For The Charlatan That He is? |This Tasteless Claiming of Credit for Disasters By T.B Joshua Has Got to Stop
- Why Are You Throwing Away Money Online? | It's Time to Put the Money in Your Pocket
- Chris Attoh Says 'I Was Lucky to Find Myself A Hot, Beautiful Nigerian Woman'
- South Africa’s Xenophobia: Former White President Of South Africa P.W. Botha’s Controversial Speech Vindicated- He Said ‘The Fact That, Blacks Look Like Human Beings And Act Like Human Beings Do Not Necessarily Make Them Sensible Human Beings. Give Them Guns And They Will Kill Each Other’