It is not new that politicians always flirt with musicians during election years. This year being an election year, it is predicted that, the flirty nature of the two mentioned above will come into play once again.
Some politicians believe aligning themselves with certain musicians is the surest way of getting votes from fans of those musicians.
The likes of Daddy Lumba, Jewel Ackah, Kwabena Kwabena and Lucky Mensah have all composed songs for the ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC) and the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the past. A deal I believe both sides benefited greatly.
Edem’s ‘Over Again’ is one of the hottest tunes now. The track appeals to everyone and matches other equally good songs out there now.
For an Ewe rapper who has managed to get many hits including ‘Over Again’, he needs commendation and the onus lies on him to protect his career/image and not allow politicians and political parties to take advantage of his hardwork.
In an intro to the song, he said “I don’t care what they say …” but now it’s time for him to care and pay attention to what is going on. Slowly, he is being moved to politics as cross sections of the public are accusing the rapper of selling the rights of the song to NPP.
The accusation gained grounds and took a new twist few days after the release of a rendition of his ‘Over Again’ song by Hip Life duo, Mframa titled ‘The Sack Letter’.
It is rumoured that Edem and Mframa have shared a “gargantuan” sum of about one hundred thousand Ghana cedis (GHC 100.000.00) for the song and a yet to be released video .
The song ridicules the current president, John Evans Atta-Mills of the NDC party and called on Ghanaians to vote Nana Addo-Dankwa Akufo Addo, the NPP flagbearer in the upcoming December 2012 election.
Edem’s silence has sent tongues wagging with accusation here and there. Edem claims he is yet to listen to the song. Perhaps none of his friends and management members have either.
If your mum is dead and you say she’s sleeping time will tell.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- So I Was RIGHT After All? | Kwaw Kese’s Management & MUSIGA Issue Statement Asking the So Called Celebrities to Stop Their Social Media Comments & End the #FREEKWAWKESE Campaign
- Ugandan Maid in Child Assault Video Receives 4 Years in Jail | Is the Sentence Appropriate?
- Man Attempts Suicide in Volta Region Because His Girlfriend Dumped Him
- Where is Bishop Obinim & the Other Charlatans in Ghana? | The National Secretariat of the Domestic Violence and Victims’ Support Unit Says Reckless Abuse of People On the Increase in Ghana Done in the Name Of Religion
- Prosecution Begins Appeal Of Oscar Pistorius’ Sentence