In an industry where many things including the very colour of your skin can affect the kind of roles you get even locally, we are always proud when one of our own is able to break into the international market by dint of nothing but hard work.
Here at GhanaCelebrities.Com, we celebrate African artistes when they make waves worldwide because they put our name out there and make it better for us to turn to the next person and say “I am from Ghana
Ghana’s Peter Mensah is one of such rare Ghanaians. He was born in Kumasi as Enzo Patnogon on 27th August, 1959 and moved to England with his parents and siblings while he was still a child.
Today, the screens can’t seem to get enough of this 6 feet 3.5 inches physical wonder.
Some of his first roles were as Simon in the Nancy Drew TV Series way back in 1995 and Hugh in Long Island incident in 1998.
His shoot to worldwide fame started when he played the Messenger in 300 in 2006.
Today, there are many movie roles on his resume and these include,
Spartacus where he plays Oenomaus of the Gods of the arena.
City of Shoulders and Noses in which he plays Dr. Lucas Andrei Sherm
The horse clan leader in Avatar
General Joe Greller in The Incredible Hulk
Jaffa in Hidalgo and over 30 other movies.
It’s hard to believe that Peter used to be an engineer before he became an actor!
All Africans especially Ghanaians are proud of Peter.
So next time you are watching a movie of international cast, look out for Peter’s strong Ghanaian face and give a shout of pride and remember to tell your friend: “That man is from Ghana!”
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- VOTE for Kumi Guitar to Win 2014 Vodafone Ghana Music Award’s New Artiste of the Year
- Never Rely on Electricity Company of Ghana-ECG…This Is My Story
- PHOTOS: Shirley Frimpong Manso, Joselyn Dumas, John Dumelo, OC Ukeje, Christabel Ekeh & Others At The Premiere of LOVE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Jackie Appiah Says Check Out Her Expensive Lace Wig
- Ama K. Abebrese Talks About Her ‘Love Your Skin Tone’ Campaign + Name All The Bleaching/Toning Ghanaian Entertainers/Celebrities