Come this Sunday July 1st 2012, the much anticipated TV talent hunt reality series geared at producing the next biggest Ghanaian rap act dubbed the Next Big Thing will start airing on the Gh One Entertainment TV channel.
The past two weeks have seen cherished viewers of the station as well as music lovers enjoy the teaser sessions of the series from the preliminary stage of auditions and one can only agree it has been fun and exciting.
The one hour weekly episode commences this Sunday and continues every other Sundays between the hours of 6 and 7PM. The initial episode this weekend will reveal the exceptional talents unearthed at the auditions in Kumasi and Accra.
Anchor for the Next Big Thing, Kwame Farkyewill be on the other hand to bring several of the amateur rappers who exhibited tremendous brilliance on the microphone up close and personal with the viewers.
Next Big Thing comes at the right time as a relieve to all amateur rappers with the series seeking to provide the needed platform for them to develop their talents and transform them into international and commercially viable artistes.
Nii Ayite Hammond, head of production at Gh One Entertainment TV stressed on the relevance of Next Big Thing to the amateur rapper and the music industry on the whole.
‘All talent hunt competitions we have around are music driven hence targeting singing talents leaving out the rappers. That has been the trend over the years neglecting of those associated with Hip hop and rap music in general’.
The coming weeks promises to be more fun and exciting with the specially packaged episodes of Next Big Thing showing on the Gh One Entertainment TV channel this and every Sundays from 6 to 7PM.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Players in Ghana’s Movie Industry Are NOT Business Minded | They’ve Watched On Unconcerned For a Bank to Take Over Accra’s Only Biggest Surviving Cinema
- Classification Board Approves ‘Castro Amanehunu’ Movie – Actors In It Are Named: Castro, Janet, Asamoah Gyan & So Film Producers Association Says ‘We Won’t Allow It to Be Released’
- T.B Joshua Says Ebola Virus’ is From the Pit of Hell
- Let’s Stop Complaining About the Youth Having No Moral Fibre | Ghana Has No Moral Fibre!
- Ministry of Tourism Distances Itself From SCANDALOUS MISS SUPRANATIONAL PAGEANT – Warns Organizers Not To Use The Ministry’s Name In Anything