Over the weekend, fans of the quickly climbing ‘Meet The Girls In The Yellow House’ tv show were treated to one of the best actors as a guest.
She entered the house looking all chic and sexy for her age. Dressed in a GTP loose wrap over chiffon with expensive matching hand bangles and necklace, it looked inviting into the life of this screen goddess. But for the other missing regalias, Akorfa Edjeani looked like a modern day traditional queen.
Obviously jealous by her young looks, the first question was targeted at knowing how old she was and what kept her going. ‘I take very good care of myself and as a cultural freak, I don’t like perming my hair so am very cool with my ‘down cut’,” she said coolly to wave off the Girls jealousy at her looks.
Does Akorfa’s looks with ‘down cut’ worry her? “I didn’t and still don’t care if my traditional African outlooks gave me out as ugly. What is important for me is to feel comfortable and good about myself. I am not shy of who I am,” she interjected beautifully with passion in her eyes.
The sassy and gifted actress who likes boiled/fried yams with hot pepper laced with koobi said, heartbreaks are a must for every girl despite the fact that they hurt. Although, she couldn’t remember her first heart break, the experience was a learning curve for her.
She married her husband, she told viewers, when she was 23 and has been married for 20 years with two children aged 19 and 15 years. Is anyone doing the maths to get her real age since she was very evasive about it at the beginning of the show?
Akorfa started starring in TV Theatre in 1983 before she went to the University but had her real taste of movies later. The bad girl who got impregnated in ‘Harvest At 17’ said, “acting is an inborn thing for me and it came naturally because I started acting before I knew I was acting.”
Why is the cocaine addicted American loving ‘Mataa’ star off our movies screens? Mrs. Akorfa Ejeani Asiedu said, “When I get good scripts, I sure will be in front of the cameras again. I don’t take movies for the money; the stories must mean something to me as a professional actress.
“I agree that sex sells today but some nudity and scenes in some movies are unnecessary. Some sex scenes won’t change anything in the movies if they are deleted. We should ask ourselves if that is what we want to project in making the industry a success. Most producers today used to be marketers who invest their monies where they think they can reap more,” spirited Akorfa replied to a question about sex and nudity in local movies lately.
Talking about her most challenging role ever in a movie, Akorfa pondered her character in the GAMA movie ‘The Noise of Silence’. In the said movie, she played the role of a 14 year old, a blind person, grew old before regaining her sight. This role she said was emotionally and physically draining for her then.
The ‘I sing of a well’ producer said, “Although actors must be able to detach themselves from the emotions of their characters; they should act instead of recite their lines.” This notwithstanding, she mentioned having been caught in the emotional web of her character once in the stage play ‘Raising in the sun’ where blatant racism was on display. This affected her and she remembers crying for over ten minutes after the stage call backstage.
Chances are that we will see a lot more of Akorfa in the coming months because she will be undertaking massive stage productions soon. Just so you know, she was at the Keri Hilson and Bow Wow concert to shake what her mama gave her…any ideas?
‘Meet The Girls In The Yellow House’ shows on Viasat 1 on Saturday at 10am with a repeat on Sunday at 9.30am. Don’t miss it.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEHERE IN THE WORLD: Kenyan Senator Caught Photoshopping Nelson Mandela Tribute Picture
- PHOTOS: Nadia Buari, Jim Iyke & Others At The Press Screening ‘The Diary of Imogen Brown’ In Accra
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Oprah Winfrey Says She Has No Regrets About Not Having Kids
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date