Over the weekend, fans of the quickly climbing ‘Meet The Girls In The Yellow House’ tv show were treated to one of the best actors as a guest.
She entered the house looking all chic and sexy for her age. Dressed in a GTP loose wrap over chiffon with expensive matching hand bangles and necklace, it looked inviting into the life of this screen goddess. But for the other missing regalias, Akorfa Edjeani looked like a modern day traditional queen.
Obviously jealous by her young looks, the first question was targeted at knowing how old she was and what kept her going. ‘I take very good care of myself and as a cultural freak, I don’t like perming my hair so am very cool with my ‘down cut’,” she said coolly to wave off the Girls jealousy at her looks.
Does Akorfa’s looks with ‘down cut’ worry her? “I didn’t and still don’t care if my traditional African outlooks gave me out as ugly. What is important for me is to feel comfortable and good about myself. I am not shy of who I am,” she interjected beautifully with passion in her eyes.
The sassy and gifted actress who likes boiled/fried yams with hot pepper laced with koobi said, heartbreaks are a must for every girl despite the fact that they hurt. Although, she couldn’t remember her first heart break, the experience was a learning curve for her.
She married her husband, she told viewers, when she was 23 and has been married for 20 years with two children aged 19 and 15 years. Is anyone doing the maths to get her real age since she was very evasive about it at the beginning of the show?
Akorfa started starring in TV Theatre in 1983 before she went to the University but had her real taste of movies later. The bad girl who got impregnated in ‘Harvest At 17’ said, “acting is an inborn thing for me and it came naturally because I started acting before I knew I was acting.”
Why is the cocaine addicted American loving ‘Mataa’ star off our movies screens? Mrs. Akorfa Ejeani Asiedu said, “When I get good scripts, I sure will be in front of the cameras again. I don’t take movies for the money; the stories must mean something to me as a professional actress.
“I agree that sex sells today but some nudity and scenes in some movies are unnecessary. Some sex scenes won’t change anything in the movies if they are deleted. We should ask ourselves if that is what we want to project in making the industry a success. Most producers today used to be marketers who invest their monies where they think they can reap more,” spirited Akorfa replied to a question about sex and nudity in local movies lately.
Talking about her most challenging role ever in a movie, Akorfa pondered her character in the GAMA movie ‘The Noise of Silence’. In the said movie, she played the role of a 14 year old, a blind person, grew old before regaining her sight. This role she said was emotionally and physically draining for her then.
The ‘I sing of a well’ producer said, “Although actors must be able to detach themselves from the emotions of their characters; they should act instead of recite their lines.” This notwithstanding, she mentioned having been caught in the emotional web of her character once in the stage play ‘Raising in the sun’ where blatant racism was on display. This affected her and she remembers crying for over ten minutes after the stage call backstage.
Chances are that we will see a lot more of Akorfa in the coming months because she will be undertaking massive stage productions soon. Just so you know, she was at the Keri Hilson and Bow Wow concert to shake what her mama gave her…any ideas?
‘Meet The Girls In The Yellow House’ shows on Viasat 1 on Saturday at 10am with a repeat on Sunday at 9.30am. Don’t miss it.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
- Sonnie Badu DENIES Ever Saying ‘Ghanaian Gospel Musicians Sing Nonsense’ As Reported By A Newspaper But The Editor Says Sonnie Badu Is A LIAR
- 2013 Ghana Movie Awards Launched | Nominees List Out December 14
- Why Don’t You Party With Kwabena Kwabena, Turas, Nana Quame & Others In Luton On 21st December, 2013?
- Sonnie Badu, Ron Kenoly LIVE in Concert on November 30
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening