Even though I’m personally not a huge fan of the typical strong Ghanaian accent when missed with bad grammar like this:
Of late, some of our celebs have become Professors in fake accents and to be honest, it is quite irritating to the ear. What happened to being proud of your heritage and being yourself and embracing your uniqueness?
The videos below display two gorgeous Ghanaian celebs: Nadia Buari and Tiffany Hayden doing what they know how to do best, faking accents.
I’m not hating because I love both Tiffany and Nadia but really what’s with the accents? Why can’t they talk like they are Ghanaians instead of all this American, British, Patois combo, which makes them sound confused and less intelligent.
Unless it’s for a movie role I don’t think any foreign celeb will put on an accent like the Ghanaian accent or any other accent for that matter just to be cool.
Please, can someone explain to me why our celebrities like putting on these accents?. Is it to sound cool, modern or western?
I simply can’t stand these accents at all. It seems to me that Miss Nadia is trying to sound like Beyonce, while Tiffany is trying to sound like Nicki Minaj and they are quite pathetic at it.
Who do we crown the queen of fake accent GC family? How do you feel about the who fake accent issue, is it cool or is it lame?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Some Flaws Associated with Ghanaian & Nigerian Movies | What Measures Are Film-makers Putting in Place to Correct Them?
- Celebrity Instagram & Twit Photos of the Week + Video: Joselyn Dumas, Eazzy, Menaye Donkor, Kafui Danku, Sarkodie, Yvonne Okoro & Others
- In the Face of All the Education, Menaye Donkor Goes Ahead to Do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and Says She Will Be Donating to Dzorwulu Special School- Nonsense!
- Ayittey Powers accused of Defrauding Two Ghanaians
- Full List of Winners of the 2014 MTV Music Video Awards