Ghana’s Parliament may be more susceptible to a terrorist attack than any other arm of government in the country, a retired Military Officer and Member of the 230-member Legislature has said. Major (rtd) Derek Oduro says it would be “very easy” for terrorists or trouble makers to enter Ghana’s Parliament with guns and grenades to carry out deadly attacks. His comments are a major indictment on the security personnel, including the police officers, who have been tasked with the job of keeping the Legislature secure.
July 11: NPP Replies NDC
The leadership of the opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP) has lashed out at the ruling NDC accusing the party of being mischievous in putting out achievement records of President Mills. The NDC forum for setting the records straight on Tuesday outlined what it described as major accomplishments of the Mills government in the last three years. It said the strides made by the current administration in the area of economic infrastructure far surpasses what the NPP achieved at the end of their first four years.
July 11: Allotey Jacobs Challenges The Rawlingses
The Central regional Communications Director of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Bernard Allotey-Jacobs, has challenged former President Rawlings and his wife to publicly state their position on rumours making the rounds that they are behind the formation of the proposed National Democratic Party. He says publicly declaring their stance would put paid to claims and counter claims about their alleged role in the formation of the party some political analysts have described as the new home of former NDC members.
July 12: FONKAR Seeks Rawlings Approval To Join NDP
Leaders of the Friends of Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings (FONKAR) are planning to meet the former President, Jerry John Rawlings, to seek his approval to join the newly created National Democratic Party (NDP).
In an interview with Citi News, a leading member of the group, Ernest Owusu-Bempah revealed that FONKAR’s national and regional executives will be meeting with the former President because the new party was formed based on his ideals.
July 12: Prez Mills Blows GH¢121,443 On Flagstaff House Renovation
The current National Democratic Congress administration has spent a total of GH¢121,443.71 on renovation works on the Flagstaff House (Presidential Palace), despite President John Evans Atta Mills’ refusal to live or work from the plush edifice.
July 13: CPP Responds To Fake Story On Free Chicken
The Convention People’s Party (CPP) has promised every household in the country free chicken if the party wins the upcoming general elections” The above was the headline of a story attributed to I.F. Joe Awuah Jnr. A Kumasi correspondent of the Daily Guide published in the Daily Guide and used by a number of media sites.
The Convention People’s Party wishes to state categorically that the story is an invention of I.F. Joe Awuah Jnr and the Daily Guide because the CPP does not have a Youth Organiser at its Subin Constituency Branch named Abdul Rahman as stated in the story. Additionally the CPP has recently published its manifesto which clearly outlines its policy objectives for the country – the first political party to do so. The CPP Manifesto has been widely circulated to all media houses, CPP Regional and Constituency Branches, and nowhere within that document does the CPP promise every household in the country free chicken.
July 10: Ghana To Send Nine Athletes To Olympic Games
Ghana will hinge her hopes on Olympics glory on nine athletes who will represent the country at the summer Olympic Games scheduled to begin in London later in the month. The nine, made up of three track and field athletes, four boxers, a judoka and one weightlifter, would be joined by six coaches for the quadrennial event slated for July 27 to August 12.
July 11: Richmond Boakye-Yiadom Set For Juventus Medical
Ghana youngster Richmond Boakye-Yiadom will undergo medical at Juventus on Wednesday morning ahead of his proposed move, MTNFootball.com can exclusively reveal. If successful, the 18-year-old will sign a four-year deal reported to be worth US$ 5m which is 50% of Boakye’s transfer rights.
The Genoa player will become the second Ghanaian player to sign for the Italian champions this summer after Kwadwo Asamoah. He will join Antonio Conte’s squad for pre-season to justify his inclusion for a first team.
July 12: Espanyol Unveil New Signing Mubarak Wakaso
Ghanaian midfielder Mubarak Wakaso was presented as a player of Spanish side Espanyol on Thursday afternoon. The 21-year-old completed a medical on Wednesday and penned a four-year deal to become the third new signing for the White and Blues.
The presentation at took place at Hotel de Peralada and was attended by counsellor in-charge of sports in the region Germain de la Cruz and club director Ramon Planes.
July 12: Milovan Rajevac Wants Ghana Return
Milovan Rajevac has expressed the desire to return as Ghana coach two years after refusing to extend his stay with the Black Stars. The Serbian presided over probably the most successful period in Ghana’s football history without winning a trophy – leading the team to two grand finale’s; at the 2009 CHAN (local Black Stars) and the 2010 Nations Cup.
He also led the main Black Stars team to equal an African record of a quarter final finish at the World Cup in South Africa after which his initial two-year deal with the Ghana FA expired.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- *UPDATED* MORE RED CARPET PHOTOS: Zoe Saldana, Clive Owen, Takao Osawa, Nanako Matsushima, Tatsuya Fujiwara, Rasaroi Dawson, Fred Nuamah, Captain Planet & Others At 66 Cannes Film Festival
- PricelessMom.Com: YES! Loving Too Much Can Kill
- *UPDATED* CELEB STYLE: Captain Planet’s Glitzy Appearance At 2013 Cannes Film Festival Alongside Hollywood Actress
- 2768 Downloads In 2 Weeks Since I 'UnCopyrighted' My Life Changing Book-'Success Is A Right, Not A Privilege'…Get Your FREE Copy Now!
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Confidence Haugen, Good Genes Or Good Doctor?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?