Six young, witty, beautiful and purpose-driven ladies, who auditioned for available slots in the Northern Belt in this year’s Miss Ghana beauty pageant, have qualified for the national finals in Accra.
After engaging in different tasks over a period of three days which required all contestants to pass certain score points, the judging panel, which included Shaida Buari, Miss Ghana 2002, Mimi Areme, Miss Ghana 2009, Shika Obeng, Executive Director of FC Skin and Beauty Clinic, Inna Mariam Patty and a guest judge, upon careful consideration, and in consultation with Contestant Manager Lauretta Aryeetey, gave a verdict that went well with all who auditioned.
The judges took into consideration factors including but not limited to poise, attitude, facial beauty, elegance, eloquence, intelligence, beauty with a purpose and sense of direction among other vital score points.
The selected contestants include Georgette Anawode Adeyiga, a 20 year-old Biology student of the University of Development Studies (Wa), Gifty Enyonam Abiti, a 20 year-old Medical student, also of the University of Development Studies (Wa), Josephine Aryitey, a 19 year-old Senior High School graduate, Biley Sung La Bou, a 22 year-old Management Studies student of the University of Development Studies (Wa), Joana Ahiawordor, a 24 year-old Level 400 Political Science student of the University of Ghana, and Rufina Boateng.
Rufina and Josephine will represent the Northern Region, with Gifty and Georgette representing the Upper East while Joan and Billy would represent the Upper West region at the national finals.
“The quality of girls we’ve selected from this belt goes to underscore the importance we are attaching to this year’s event. We are hopeful that they will go very far in what already looks like a tough national finals,” Inna Mariam Patty says.
Contestants who failed to make the final list received consolation prizes from donors including a hefty 50 discount on computer training at IPMC.
“Just as we’ve been preaching from day one, this year’s Miss Ghana event is a win-win affair and we’ve just proved that in Tamale by ensuring that even those who lost out went home happy,” she adds.
Following the Northern Belt auditions is that of the Middle Belt, which takes place tomorrow July 17 at the Golden Tulip Hotel, Kumasi. The Middle Belt comprises of the Ashanti Region, Brong Ahafo and Eastern regions while the Southern Belt, whose auditions comes off on July 24 at the Golden Tulip Hotel in Accra, is made up of the Greater Accra, Volta, Western and Central regions.
In all, 20 finalists will be selected across the three main belts, and properly groomed over an exciting reality show. There will be no weekly evictions, Exclusive Events Ghana has said.
Miss Ghana 2012 is powered by Exclusive Events Ghana, with support from Manet Properties, Auto Plaza Ltd, Reflexion Hair care, Africa Cola, Fidelity Bank, Whirlpool, FC Skin & Beauty Klinik, Special Ice Mineral Water, Accents & Arts, TT Brothers, International Energy Insurance (IEI), Edern Security, Intercom Programming & Manufacturing Company Limited (IPMC), Total Fitness Health Club, ATL Fabrics, Danny’s Décor, Moet and Chandon, Active Media and Amazing U.
Miss Ghana 2012: Evolution of Beauty.
Miss Ghana 2012
Facebook: Miss Ghana 2012 0r Facebook.com/MissGhanaOfficial
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS: Nadia Buari, Jim Iyke & Others At The Press Screening ‘The Diary of Imogen Brown’ In Accra
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Oprah Winfrey Says She Has No Regrets About Not Having Kids
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date