I am sure you have heard and seen ‘Colour Blocking’ which is my favourite trend right now and I think it’s here to stay. From neon pink to cobalt blue, this look is all about confidence.
The colour-blocking trend began about a year ago and the best way to pull it off is sticking to simple pieces and accessories. Don’t go for prints or floral, the less pattern the better. You surely don’t want to go out looking like a clown.
For the ones that are afraid of super bright colours, you can try colour toning. This is using shades within the same family. Try purple and blue or pale green and lemon.
This looks a bit more grown up.
If and when you decide to go for the bright colours, use metallic or black accessories to tone it down as this also allows the colour to pop out.
Remember this trend is not about having the same colour shoes and bag. Don’t get me wrong, as I still do this. It’s just that if you’re going for the colour blocking look, this isn’t right.
My favourite way to wear this look is with a single colourful item and accessories.
I love my colourful blazers, they will never go out of style and they can transform a normal outfit into something FAB.
Bangles and bags are also good investments. You can get these for affordable prices and u can mix and match them on various outfits.
Here are a few of our favourite celebs getting busy with the trend. Feel free to send me a picture of how you rock this trend if you ever get the courage to try it…..
Why not grab any of the below for a FAB colour blocking outlook? The Clutch and the shoe are amazing right?
Disclaimer: GC will be compensated via a commission if you decide to purchase any of the above products based on our recommendation.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Best African Act Award at MOBO 2014 Was Not Televised | Music of Black Origin Awards INDEED
- Musician/Comedia A-Plus Sued By Lawyer-Maurice Ampah for Defamation & He Wants 1 Million Ghana Cedis
- Fuse ODG Wins MOBO Awards’ Best African Act Again + Full List of the Winners
- HAPPY DEATHDAY Featuring Kafui Danku, Nana Ama McBrown, Alex Ekubo, James Gardiner & Others to Be Premiered on November 14 in Accra
- GC Reader-Sasha Says Kofi Adjorlolo is a ‘BIG SNUB’ | What Has Your Experience Been LIke With Ghanaian Celebrities?