FASHION: How To Get Colour Blocking Right….The Biggest Trend At The Moment!

Menaye Donkor Colour Blocking

I am sure you have heard and seen ‘Colour Blocking’ which is my favourite trend right now and I think it’s here to stay. From neon pink to cobalt blue, this look is all about confidence.

The colour-blocking trend began about a year ago and the best way to pull it off is sticking to simple pieces and accessories. Don’t go for prints or floral, the less pattern the better. You surely don’t want to go out looking like a clown.

For the ones that are afraid of super bright colours, you can try colour toning. This is using shades within the same family. Try purple and blue or pale green and lemon.

This looks a bit more grown up.

If and when you decide to go for the bright colours, use metallic or black accessories to tone it down as this also allows the colour to pop out.

Remember this trend is not about having the same colour shoes and bag. Don’t get me wrong, as I still do this. It’s just that if you’re going for the colour blocking look, this isn’t right.

My favourite way to wear this look is with a single colourful item and accessories.

I love my colourful blazers, they will never go out of style and they can transform a normal outfit into something FAB.

Bangles and bags are also good investments. You can get these for affordable prices and u can mix and match them on various outfits.

Here are a few of our favourite celebs getting busy with the trend.  Feel free to send me a picture of how you rock this trend if you ever get the courage to try it…..

Yvonne Nelson Colour Blocking

Menaye Donkor Colour Blocking

Colour Blocking

Why not grab any of the below for a FAB colour blocking outlook? The Clutch and the shoe are amazing right?

Disclaimer: GC will be compensated via a commission if you decide to purchase any of the above products based on our recommendation.

sarah says:

I really luv ur colours

sisy says:

i love it, i always have 2 wierd colours combined with gold or brown, it always look great.

Ball so hard miss dior says:

the only color block am feeling right now is pink orange n yellow, saw kimk in pink n orange ensemble, looked very nice

27calibre (O_0 )♥≈♥ Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them. says:

i love fashion but i sometimes feel uncomfortable when it comes to mismatching(:

Anita says:

All i can say is when u think its too much, that means its too much.
Start with small items like a belt and a bag in bright colours.
Hoping to receive some pictures soon : )

27calibre (O_0 ) ♥≈♥ Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them. says:

@Anita,thank you for the encouragement (: i realy appreciate it.

@Anita,Good advice I like that

KA NE WU says:

@27calibre (O_0 )♥≈♥ Never tell your problems to anyone…20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them., Das my point too, i always admire it on people but i cnt dare it.

Nice topic since i will launch my own clothing line very soon in ghana and parts of africa and in the UK i will say that its good thing colour blocking is back into fashion i mean creating an outfit by putting areas or blocks of solid color next to each other It can include monotone, bright colours, muted colors, contrasting and complimentary colours I mean the colour blocking trend is very good , i would advice most skinny people to wear colour blocking asd it helps them get curves also if u want to do colour blocking do it with colours that either flatter your figure or look good together but don’t over do yourself cause ” a red dress with a gold belt is not color blocking”

Anita says:

@Miyagi. Let us know when its out.

@Anita,I will surely do that

@Miyagi,thump up

@27calibre (O_0 ) ♥≈♥ Never tell your problems to anyone…20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them.,Thanks bro hope your good

@Miyagi,yes am doing good bro thanks..
i hope you are also good(:

@27calibre (O_0 ) ♥≈♥ Never tell your problems to anyone…20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them.,I’m good bro can’t complain at all lol

@27calibre (O_0 ) ♥≈♥ Never tell your problems to anyone…20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them., Eii, this long name u now have di33, why someone disappointed u or something?LOL!!(just curious cuz for a second I thought it was a comment until I realise it was everywhere..)

@Adjoa Nbaaso),Hahahahahaha your so right it’s so misleading

KA NE WU says:

@Miyagi, Anyways Miyagi, if you need à fotomodel, hit me up.!

@KA NE WU, cool i will keep you updated

KA NE WU says:

@Miyagi, Merci!

@KA NE WU,Any chance you use Bbm I’d so let me now so I can keep you updated

naa asheley says:

@Miyagi, ee bro, supply me with your dresses o lol..

@naa asheley, Princes when I finish registration and trademark it I will hook you up

@Miyagi, True..I agree with what u said and good luck sweetie..

@Adjoa Nbaaso),Thank you babes 🙂

Sens says:

@Miyagi,Useless designer no one will buy your clothes so forget my brother. What do you no about fashion

Aww another silly cow with silly comment don’t you worry I’m good to go but thanks for your comment have a good day@Sens,

KA NE WU says:

IT TAKES À BRAVE HEART TO COMBINE TWO WEIRD COLOURS TOGETHER, I LOVE FASHION, BUT NOT REALLY INTO IT, BUT I GUESS I DNT HAVE THAT NERVE TO TRY THAT DARING FASHION CULTURE….IT’S THOUGH, BUT AM SHY ………..LOL