I have had the chance to comment on Kaakie whenever I’m reviewing a show I attended and she performed. By now, methinks most people know my stand on her. Home girl needs grooming.
In my review of the Stand UP GH concert featuring Bow Wow and Keri Hilson, I mentioned Kaakie’s performance which looked just ordinary.
I wrote, “Next was Kaakie, who looked just ordinary. It’s rare for a new artiste in Ghana to have three banging songs, something Kaakie has but didn’t capitalise on. With three big tunes ‘Ewo’, ‘Too Much’, ‘Toffee Pon Tongue’, Kaakie could have done far better out there. She can do better than she did.”
“I don’t want to be slapped on the face with the ‘hater’ tag so I will leave Kaakie alone but I think she needs grooming to stay up there. Case close, I’m not saying more.”
It appears that for all this while, I’m not the only person who feels Kaakie needs serious branding and grooming.
Read the article below captioned: Open Letter To Kaakie
First time I heard one of your tunes, I didn’t know who the singer was. I just loved the music and enjoyed it as much since the Radio Presenter was happy enough to play it twice. He mentioned you had been a contestant in Stars of the Future and that you did not win, nor make it to the top five yet you have found your way into the limelight. I think that song was Too Much.
After sometime, you were already on the bill for musical concerts. You have indeed performed on a lot of platforms since I heard Too Much and the few other hit singles you have come out with so far. One thing I find disturbing, however, is the way the public has reacted to your looks for all this while. The outcry about your look and stage performances have been too much on the high side. I can honestly say I have not heard nor read a comfortable thing about your appearance, for whatever shows it has been.
I am no fashionista, and am probably the wrong person to try to give you a look but I am going to say it anyway. Your music is dancehall reggae, if I am correct. This kind of music requires a lot of energy to perform as the performer has to entice the crowd to move. The lyrics can be crafty, the beat can be punchy and they on their own are usually enough to make heads roll but when it has to be performed, people inevitably look up to the performer to entice them some more. You could have the best hits that people can enjoy in their homes and cars and offices and at social places but once you are there to perform, the expectations will be higher and all eyes will be glued to you.
For these reasons, I am not surprised that people still praise your music yet downplay your performances and your appearances. I do not think your kind of music deserves you to dress as if you are singing a ballad. Your lyrics and beat are hard hitting so I think a tomboy look will be much better. For your hair, wear it in long corn-rolls or long braids. The braids should not be those tiny ones and hold it in a pony. Wear a tank top or tee shirt which should be fitting. Wear a jeans or khaki trouser or shorts. This can be either tight or slightly loose. And add sneakers to it. Such a look should make you very comfortable so you can freely move and as to your dance moves, please tell your managers to get you a choreographer.
You can choose to try this look on your next performance and based on the public’s reaction, you can then decide exactly the kind of look you would want to have and probably maintain. You can still go the all girlish way for, say, an awards ceremony as an invited guest and to the musical concerts but once you are going on stage, change to suit your kind of music.
All the best to you Kaakie.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- FOR THE LADIES: Submerging Your Face In CUCUMBER Water Every Day Is Kate Moss’ Beauty Secret…Are Your Read To Do That?
- ALL THE PHOTOS From Ghanaian/Nigerian Actress Ebi Bright’s Birthday Party Feat. Abdul Sallam, Pascaline Edwards, Beverly Afaglo, Richie & Others
- Cannes Celebrates 100 Years of Bollywood with Gala Screening of BOMBAY TALKIES...India’s Top Directors – Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee & Anurag Kashyap Attend
- PHOTOS + Bola Ray Celebrates 10 Years At JOY FM
- FOR THOSE IN UK: Afrobeat Returns-Afrobeat Sundays May Bank Holiday Special
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?