I have had the chance to comment on Kaakie whenever I’m reviewing a show I attended and she performed. By now, methinks most people know my stand on her. Home girl needs grooming.
In my review of the Stand UP GH concert featuring Bow Wow and Keri Hilson, I mentioned Kaakie’s performance which looked just ordinary.
I wrote, “Next was Kaakie, who looked just ordinary. It’s rare for a new artiste in Ghana to have three banging songs, something Kaakie has but didn’t capitalise on. With three big tunes ‘Ewo’, ‘Too Much’, ‘Toffee Pon Tongue’, Kaakie could have done far better out there. She can do better than she did.”
“I don’t want to be slapped on the face with the ‘hater’ tag so I will leave Kaakie alone but I think she needs grooming to stay up there. Case close, I’m not saying more.”
It appears that for all this while, I’m not the only person who feels Kaakie needs serious branding and grooming.
Read the article below captioned: Open Letter To Kaakie
First time I heard one of your tunes, I didn’t know who the singer was. I just loved the music and enjoyed it as much since the Radio Presenter was happy enough to play it twice. He mentioned you had been a contestant in Stars of the Future and that you did not win, nor make it to the top five yet you have found your way into the limelight. I think that song was Too Much.
After sometime, you were already on the bill for musical concerts. You have indeed performed on a lot of platforms since I heard Too Much and the few other hit singles you have come out with so far. One thing I find disturbing, however, is the way the public has reacted to your looks for all this while. The outcry about your look and stage performances have been too much on the high side. I can honestly say I have not heard nor read a comfortable thing about your appearance, for whatever shows it has been.
I am no fashionista, and am probably the wrong person to try to give you a look but I am going to say it anyway. Your music is dancehall reggae, if I am correct. This kind of music requires a lot of energy to perform as the performer has to entice the crowd to move. The lyrics can be crafty, the beat can be punchy and they on their own are usually enough to make heads roll but when it has to be performed, people inevitably look up to the performer to entice them some more. You could have the best hits that people can enjoy in their homes and cars and offices and at social places but once you are there to perform, the expectations will be higher and all eyes will be glued to you.
For these reasons, I am not surprised that people still praise your music yet downplay your performances and your appearances. I do not think your kind of music deserves you to dress as if you are singing a ballad. Your lyrics and beat are hard hitting so I think a tomboy look will be much better. For your hair, wear it in long corn-rolls or long braids. The braids should not be those tiny ones and hold it in a pony. Wear a tank top or tee shirt which should be fitting. Wear a jeans or khaki trouser or shorts. This can be either tight or slightly loose. And add sneakers to it. Such a look should make you very comfortable so you can freely move and as to your dance moves, please tell your managers to get you a choreographer.
You can choose to try this look on your next performance and based on the public’s reaction, you can then decide exactly the kind of look you would want to have and probably maintain. You can still go the all girlish way for, say, an awards ceremony as an invited guest and to the musical concerts but once you are going on stage, change to suit your kind of music.
All the best to you Kaakie.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know