Growing up in the United States, I was taught that hard work pays off and that the U.S. is a place of opportunity. I was also taught to outshine school mates with perfect grades and given advice on how to surpass my colleagues in the workforce.
I believed and knew for a fact that my parents were not discriminatory. As a matter of fact it would be senseless of them to practice discrimination as ‘Black Africans’-Ghanaian’s to be precise; residing in the U.S. However, my parents did inform their children that African’s work harder than those in the Western world.
I did not understand this concept until I completed my education. I witnessed countless motivated African individuals who were determined to succeed by all costs. There were no complaints during study hours neither was there time to party all night.
We all remained studious while enrolled in 5 – 7 courses per semester. Though our course load was immense for the average student, it was also very important to me to establish an amicable friendship with my fellow African’s as means of support to each other since we were the minority.
It was also important to establish a network for future venture purposes. No sooner did I realize my parents were right.
As an adult now, I have seen the difference in the workforce. African’s always seem to go the extra mile to make hours at work, complete an assignment efficiently and timely, perform tasks that other’s aren’t willing to, and most of all take on demeaning dead end jobs just to establish themselves with the intent of self-betterment.
So what are your opinions? Are African’s harder workers that than the West? Or do you think we just have no option and we if had an option, we would not be hard workers?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- MORE RED CARPET PHOTOS: Zoe Saldana, Clive Owen, Takao Osawa, Nanako Matsushima, Tatsuya Fujiwara, Rasaroi Dawson, Fred Nuamah, Captain Planet & Others At 66 Cannes Film Festival
- PricelessMom.Com: YES! Loving Too Much Can Kill
- CELEB STYLE: Captain Planet’s Glitzy Appearance At 2013 Cannes Film Festival Alongside Hollywood Actress
- 2768 Downloads In 2 Weeks Since I 'UnCopyrighted' My Life Changing Book-'Success Is A Right, Not A Privilege'…Get Your FREE Copy Now!
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Confidence Haugen, Good Genes Or Good Doctor?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?