Growing up in the United States, I was taught that hard work pays off and that the U.S. is a place of opportunity. I was also taught to outshine school mates with perfect grades and given advice on how to surpass my colleagues in the workforce.
I believed and knew for a fact that my parents were not discriminatory. As a matter of fact it would be senseless of them to practice discrimination as ‘Black Africans’-Ghanaian’s to be precise; residing in the U.S. However, my parents did inform their children that African’s work harder than those in the Western world.
I did not understand this concept until I completed my education. I witnessed countless motivated African individuals who were determined to succeed by all costs. There were no complaints during study hours neither was there time to party all night.
We all remained studious while enrolled in 5 – 7 courses per semester. Though our course load was immense for the average student, it was also very important to me to establish an amicable friendship with my fellow African’s as means of support to each other since we were the minority.
It was also important to establish a network for future venture purposes. No sooner did I realize my parents were right.
As an adult now, I have seen the difference in the workforce. African’s always seem to go the extra mile to make hours at work, complete an assignment efficiently and timely, perform tasks that other’s aren’t willing to, and most of all take on demeaning dead end jobs just to establish themselves with the intent of self-betterment.
So what are your opinions? Are African’s harder workers that than the West? Or do you think we just have no option and we if had an option, we would not be hard workers?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- More Like A TIME TRAVEL Experience | 'Alewa' And 'Poki' To Be Served At Tomorrow's 'Back in The Day' MEGA Concert!
- New Music Video: 'Womp3' By 5Five
- John Dumelo Says He Gets LONELY & The Only Thing Missing Is A MRS
- It Can’t Get Any Better Than This | ‘Sparrow Productions’ Launches The ‘4 BIG THINGS’- A New MOVIE, New LOGO, Adams Apples Season 2 DVD, Sparrow Station & A Short Film…
- New Music: 'Awoso' By Daddy Lumba
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening