I believed and knew for a fact that my parents were not discriminatory. As a matter of fact it would be senseless of them to practice discrimination as ‘Black Africans’-Ghanaian’s to be precise; residing in the U.S. However, my parents did inform their children that African’s work harder than those in the Western world.
I did not understand this concept until I completed my education. I witnessed countless motivated African individuals who were determined to succeed by all costs. There were no complaints during study hours neither was there time to party all night.
We all remained studious while enrolled in 5 – 7 courses per semester. Though our course load was immense for the average student, it was also very important to me to establish an amicable friendship with my fellow African’s as means of support to each other since we were the minority.
It was also important to establish a network for future venture purposes. No sooner did I realize my parents were right.
As an adult now, I have seen the difference in the workforce. African’s always seem to go the extra mile to make hours at work, complete an assignment efficiently and timely, perform tasks that other’s aren’t willing to, and most of all take on demeaning dead end jobs just to establish themselves with the intent of self-betterment.
So what are your opinions? Are African’s harder workers that than the West? Or do you think we just have no option and we if had an option, we would not be hard workers?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTO: See This Sculpture Of Anas Aremeyaw Anas Designed By A Student
- Obrafour Heading To Radio: Set To Host A Radio Show With Kumasi’s Metro FM
- VIDEO: Weed Smoker & Lunatic-Afia Schwarzenegger Goes Crazy & Insults President Mahama | Says F**K John Mahama
- Ghana's 'Beasts of No Nation' Child Star-Abraham Attah Lied About His Age
- K.K. Fosu Says He Used to Smoke Weed & Apologizes for His Recent 99% Weed Comment