Africa Fashion Week London organisers are delighted to welcome the former Miss Universe Ghana 2004, model, actress and philanthropist as AFWL 2012 Ambassador for the two-day fashion show taking place at London Spitalfields on 3-4 August, 2012.
Donkor Muntari is not only a former model, but also a philanthropist who has been an advocate for education and H.I.V/AIDS awareness since her time as Miss Universe Ghana. With the Menaye International School in Ghana, she provides free education to over 150 primary school students in Ghana. Along with her husband AC Milan midfielder Sulley Muntari, they are in the forefront of supporting and funding education, arts and sports programmes in their native Ghana and the UK.
Also the newly appointed face of Ghanaian print company Printex, Menaye is a firm supporter of African fashion who is keen to make the dreams of young fashion designers from Ghana come true and to promote their designs internationally.
“I am so excited to be an ambassador for the African Fashion Week London and hope that it helps to showcase the bright and beautiful fashion from our continent to the UK. Fashion has given us Africans the opportunity to share our culture with the rest of the world. The vibrant colours we use in our designs and prints reflect our rich culture and deep heritage. As the face of Ghanaian print house Printex whose fabrics embody all of these qualities making women feel great when they wear their prints, I am looking forward to seeing bold and summery designs that really define the true African woman,” said Menaye Donkor Muntari.
Ronke Ademiluyi, the founder and CEO of AFWL welcomed Menaye Donkor Muntari with these words: “We are delighted to have an amazing philanthropist giving back to her homeland and a great supporter of African fashion and fabrics on board as an Africa Fashion Week 2012 Ambassador.”
Menaye Donkor Muntari will be joining the other equally distinguished AFWL Ambassador and supporter of African women, Chief Mrs. Bisi Erelu Fayemi, First Lady of Ekiti State, Nigeria and will be attending Africa Fashion Week London on 3-4 August.
With two high-profile ambassadors, a brand new venue in the shape of London Spitalfields Market and over 60 designers showcasing and exhibiting over two days, Africa Fashion Week London is the premier fashion event of summer 2012.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- More Like A TIME TRAVEL Experience | 'Alewa' And 'Poki' To Be Served At Tomorrow's 'Back in The Day' MEGA Concert!
- New Music Video: 'Womp3' By 5Five
- John Dumelo Says He Gets LONELY & The Only Thing Missing Is A MRS
- It Can’t Get Any Better Than This | ‘Sparrow Productions’ Launches The ‘4 BIG THINGS’- A New MOVIE, New LOGO, Adams Apples Season 2 DVD, Sparrow Station & A Short Film…
- New Music: 'Awoso' By Daddy Lumba
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening