Africa Fashion Week London organisers are delighted to welcome the former Miss Universe Ghana 2004, model, actress and philanthropist as AFWL 2012 Ambassador for the two-day fashion show taking place at London Spitalfields on 3-4 August, 2012.
Donkor Muntari is not only a former model, but also a philanthropist who has been an advocate for education and H.I.V/AIDS awareness since her time as Miss Universe Ghana. With the Menaye International School in Ghana, she provides free education to over 150 primary school students in Ghana. Along with her husband AC Milan midfielder Sulley Muntari, they are in the forefront of supporting and funding education, arts and sports programmes in their native Ghana and the UK.
Also the newly appointed face of Ghanaian print company Printex, Menaye is a firm supporter of African fashion who is keen to make the dreams of young fashion designers from Ghana come true and to promote their designs internationally.
“I am so excited to be an ambassador for the African Fashion Week London and hope that it helps to showcase the bright and beautiful fashion from our continent to the UK. Fashion has given us Africans the opportunity to share our culture with the rest of the world. The vibrant colours we use in our designs and prints reflect our rich culture and deep heritage. As the face of Ghanaian print house Printex whose fabrics embody all of these qualities making women feel great when they wear their prints, I am looking forward to seeing bold and summery designs that really define the true African woman,” said Menaye Donkor Muntari.
Ronke Ademiluyi, the founder and CEO of AFWL welcomed Menaye Donkor Muntari with these words: “We are delighted to have an amazing philanthropist giving back to her homeland and a great supporter of African fashion and fabrics on board as an Africa Fashion Week 2012 Ambassador.”
Menaye Donkor Muntari will be joining the other equally distinguished AFWL Ambassador and supporter of African women, Chief Mrs. Bisi Erelu Fayemi, First Lady of Ekiti State, Nigeria and will be attending Africa Fashion Week London on 3-4 August.
With two high-profile ambassadors, a brand new venue in the shape of London Spitalfields Market and over 60 designers showcasing and exhibiting over two days, Africa Fashion Week London is the premier fashion event of summer 2012.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Trailer + ‘WHEN LOVE HAPPENS’ Starring Desmond Elliot, OC Ukeje, Gideon Okeke, Beverely Naya, Wale Ojo, Bukky Wright & Others Set for Cinema Release in Accra on 28th November, 2014
- Celebrity Instagram & Twit Photos of the Week: Nana Ama McBrown, Roselyn Ngissah, Kalsoume Sinare, Christabel Ekeh, Sandra Ankobiah, John Dumelo & Others
- PHOTOS: How Nadia Buari Spent Turning 32
- Bill Cosby Has Been Accused By A Million Women of Rape: But is There More To The Story Than Meets The Eye?
- PHOTOS: Arrested Cocaine Girl Wore All White With Expensive Accessories to KOD’s Recent Wedding | She Has Friends in the Entertainment Industry Too…