Ghana Movie Industry: Are We Ever Serious…What The Heck!

I have always said this….Our movie stars need to look for another income source (get a part time job) so that they can say NO to certain absurd movies….

I have not seen the above movie and I will never watch it…if a gun is even pointed at me, I will take the bullet instead of wasting my 90 minutes on a movie with such ridiculous title…What happened to CREATIVITY?

So are these Actors and Actress proud of themselves? Can they put this on their resume? OH ABA!

I am waiting to hear someone say..Chris it is not a movie, my child was just messing with his adobe Photoshop!

GADEL says:

Interesting title 🙂

flint says:

i thought some people here were saying some ghanaian stars like majid made about $10,000 in ghana and $20,000 outside ghana, if that is so then why is this article asking them to get a second job in other to stay away from bad scripts, this goes to show that the aren’t making much money from acting.

Kills says:

Guys read the article…. this was just a photoshop thing by the kid of the writer… there is no such movie… ahhhhhhhh….

@Kills,Don’t be surprise that it’s a movie he already came out with “Azonto boys”

@Miyagi, hahahahahahaha…………. “Azonto boys” hmmm, so i guess there will be guys dancing Azonto in the movie? LOL. 3y3 as3m oooooo

Hahahahhahaa LMAO don’t be suprise B.B. They come up with the most weirdo titles there is another Twi movie even called “Azonto Ghost” they really crack me up with their titles @B.B,

27calibre (O_0 ) says:

@Miyagi,AHAHA AZONTO GHOST. WTF !!!!!EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE

@27calibre (O_0 ),Bro I was even surprise myself I was watching it on ghanamma.com These producers can come up with some weird names

Amoah says:

Did you know GHllywood and Nollywood film making is called “gorilla film making”?!? (from an interview by Majid Michel, youtube). 🙂 On CNN.com, inter African cinema, to see some of the great films by Africans, from Senegal, Burkina Faso, S. Africa, Chad… I was surprised, to see these films where not awarded, at the African movies award (in Lagos). But then again these films are not “gorilla films”. 🙂

@Amoah, “gorilla film making”…..seriously? that made me laugh.

27calibre (O_0 ) says:

@Amoah,did you realy said GORLLA FILM.HMMM

sisy says:

@Amoah, yeah u r right, i heard tht one too in my cross media class, gorilla marketing…. they should keep it up ooo

naa asheley says:

heheee what’s next? twitter war?

Amoah says:

@naa asheley, LOL … you’re funny. But I guess so too!

sisy says:

@naa asheley, sounds good paaaa, talk to the producer

denilson riccardo says:

chris u damn right and i dont know if these actors n actresses watch these movies themselves….
most of our ghanaian movies makes no sense and it doesn’t  tell the outside world anything about our dear nation ghana especially the so called acccra based or english movies…

Amoah says:

@denilson riccardo, You are so right and I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one who have notice this with GH English movies. For me they’re like fake LV’s. If you can get the real, why get a replica?!?!

I THINK IT WOULD BE FUNNY. WHERE IS THE TRAILER?

`madam social says:

like most pple here i m also surprise to see Adjeitey Anna in this movie

TheChuckylee says:

Ah I’m so disappointed in Adjetey.Any movie directed by Kobi Rana is a no for me.Directing is just not for him.He shd stick to his music or find something else to do.What is dis?

Abz says:

DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY IT COVER… it could be a great movie. u never know.

biz says:

WHYA RE U FOOLS QUICK TO JUDGE, WHY DOES CHRIS SOMETIMES ACT STUPID LIKE THIS….WHAT IF THE MOVIE IS A COMEDY, DO U WANT IT TO BE CALLED BATMAM, RAMBO OR WHAT SHIT.. LET US THINK

Emma says:

i am so happy the so called professionals are doing the crap as well. now juliet ibrahim and adjetey are same level all crappy actors with no direction. next….

biz says:

@Emma, WHY ARE U FOOLS QUICK TO JUDGE, WHY DOES CHRIS SOMETIMES ACT STUPID LIKE THIS….WHAT IF THE MOVIE IS A COMEDY, DO U WANT IT TO BE CALLED BATMAM, RAMBO OR WHAT DE FCK, LET US THINK

jasef says:

i find it attractive and would love to watch

Omine. I wouldnt even watch this movie because of the guy in the red shirt lying on the floor..His movies are full of crap.Its either violence, or nothing else.

endowed says:

Hollywood even made a movie bout Facebook but didn’t call it Facebook we have to be professional and original. Rana I thought you were different.

sisy says:

@endowed, ahh wetin, go do it better, massa

sisy says:

@endowed, i know so many movies with faceb title but not ghanaian movies, aaaba

endowed says:

lol at the title of this article. All these mediocre names and story lines has made me to stop watching African movies nowadays. I only watch if it has producers like Shirley and Leila because they think about any project before putting it out. I will not buy it and the only way imma watch it is if it’s free on the internet

JENNIFER says:

AM PROUD OF Kobi IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME,

I have to agree with Chris this is pure rubbish so everything these Nigerian do, Ghana movie industry will copy no wonder why Niaija people like to diss us

adwoa says:

@Miyagi, soo true man. facebook babes, blackberry babes n now…love n facebook.
they should have at least chose a diff title.

True that even though I did like facebook babes. A real twisted story I have to agree with Chris that its going to be one hell of rubbish movie probably copy some parts of the naija versions @adwoa,

Amoah says:

@Miyagi, isn’t there a GH movie called Facebook lovers?

My dear Facebook lovers is also An nigerian movie @Amoah,

flint says:

@Miyagi, my dear why are u so obsessed with nigeria, everything negative that happens to ur country u try to tie it in with nigeria, bu when it is something good, then it is as a result of ghana’s hardwork alone, ur accusation should actually be the other way around because it was ghana that started it with beyonce and princess tyra, learn facts before u point an acussing finger.

@flint,I think your getting me wrong All I am saying us that Naija came first with two movies called Facebook lovers, and now ghana is copying it and that it wouldn’t be better than the Nigerian version That’s all So please don’t get me wrong

flint says:

@Miyagi, sorry for getting u wrong,irrespective of that, then why is it ok with u when a movie is titled why marry which is synanymous to tyler perry’s why did i get married movie but alas a movie titled love and facebook which is synanymous to a nigerian movie facebook babes isn’t ok with u.

@flint,Well that’s a question I can really answer but on the other hand it seems like Nigerians are more creative than Ghanaians and so far as I know 90% of those ghanaians movie is never based on the Movie title I mean when I watch Facebook lovers the Nigerian version I fell In love with the movie strait away

flint says:

@Miyagi, but this is kobi rana we are talking about, so far he has proven to be a good scriptwriter(not that they are as great as that of shirley or leila), his previous scripts have proven to be good(with the excpetion of crazy), i think the only problem the guy has is directing, he just doesn’t do justice to his scripts in directing, if he were to give his scripts to a good director to interprete, you will see the diffrence, for example look at the movie best friends and 3some from venus films and directed by phil efe bernard, now these two movies while they had a good storyline the direction wasn’t as good as other venus films directed by either frank or pascal, frank and pascal are a much better director than phil efe bernard, all in all the problem with kobi’s movies is that they don’t get good direction.

@flint,Well spoken and I totally agree with you on your comment, as for kobi he is doing a great your no doubt about that but the problem I’m having with him his that kobi is rushing too much in one of my comment i wrote that he brought out a new movie called Azonto boys at the same time dropping his new music video and now this don’t you think he is going to fast with realising his productions you seem to no more about the movie industry what’s your view on that

flint says:

@Miyagi, i don’t necessarily think that his pace is the problem,rather like i stated earlier, the problem is his directorial ability, frank and pascal usually work on the same pace with kobi and yet the directing in their movies are much more elevated than that of kobi,frank and pascal make like 6 to 7 movies a year which equals to the 3 to 4 movies kobi makes in addition to 1 or 2 music videos he shoots with his rana group, so in my humble opinion i don’t think pace is the problem, take a look at shirley and her adams apples series then you will know that pacing isn’t the problem because shirley’s schedule is just as conjested as that of kobi’s and yet we still see a high volume of quality in her productions.

Jamelia says:

This is a sad day, Adjetey Anang has gone to the dark side. weep, weep.

Lily says:

Adjetey Anang are you after stupid money now? Don’t sell your soul for money. You are a better actor than this shit. Shame, shame.

biz says:

@Lily, WHY ARE U FOOLS QUICK TO JUDGE, WHY DOES CHRIS SOMETIMES ACT STUPID LIKE THIS….WHAT IF THE MOVIE IS A COMEDY, DO U WANT IT TO BE CALLED BATMAM, RAMBO OR WHAT DE FCK, LET US THINK

Ball so hard miss dior says:

Lawd not Adjetey Anang, hes a good actor but he has to becareful in picking good scripts

27calibre (O_0 ) says:

THE BETTER GO DO KEY SOAP CONCERT PARTY.

sisy says:

@27calibre (O_0 ), ooo why r u pulling the ladies hair like that, it hurts. awtchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

@sisy,Naa don’t hurt art all it’s spices up the adult game if you know what I mean

@Miyagi, it hurtsssssssssssss!

@sisy,Hahaha no my dear it doesnt real man no how to pull it without hurting her believe me on that when
Calibre Made that statement I knew strait away what he meant about that and I have to say that he is one
Nasty boy he knows how to satisfy his lady  lmao

sisy says:

@Miyagi, that u call satisfaction?? hihi, its called HURT.. u can massage it gently that one, its good but pulling is no go..

@sisy,Hahahaha my dear it’s part of 4 play and 12 play I tell you what download Joe song pull my hair
Or artist called “sons of funk” and you will know what I am talking about when we say pull her hair I don’t mean like
Pull it all the way just listen to joe or the album of sons of funk and let me know what’s up I’m sure
You will be practising it with your man one day lmao

sisy says:

@Miyagi, i know wa u r saying n u u mean but for my hair is no go sry.

Hahaha its either you love your hair allot or your to sensitive@sisy,

sisy says:

@Miyagi, lol, i love me..:)

27calibre (O_0 ) says:

@Miyagi,thank you bro for explaining it to @ sisy(:
it just a normal thing of every day life in ROOM I guess

@27calibre (O_0 ),Your welcome bro Sisy needs to understand that it’s part of bedroom bully

27calibre (O_0 ) says:

@Miyagi,AHAHAHA My friend will say slap me ,slap me slap ,slape me HARDER ,I SAID HARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD…LOL

BUT DO YOU KNOW SOME GIRLS DO BITEO_0

@27calibre (O_0 ),Hahahahah has Eeeeish slap me paa I love it when they bite better yet scratch or pillow biting

27calibre (O_0 ) says:

@Miyagi,GIRLS ARE STRANGE CREATURE OF GOD

@27calibre (O_0 ),Your so right totally agree with you they are strange creatures

27calibre (O_0 ) says:

@sisy,AHAHA my sister ,am not hurting her it just the romantic part of me (:
i hope my brother @mijagi did break it down for you ahaha

sisy says:

u guys judge too early aba!!

sisy says:

@sisy, look at where the hand is, dnt knw if thtz ur hand, i can see how hard the ladys hair is been pulled. cant u see, if u tell me that does not hurt then i dnt knw wa u r talking about , mayb u should learn how to do it right:)

27calibre (O_0 ) says:

@sisy,it does not hurt one bit it just a slight pool ,like a normal girl putting her fingers in her own hair ,it normal..

sisy says:

@sisy, hehe aaaaba u n this ur hair pull… adzennnnnnnnnnnnn

ThickMama says:

@27calibre (O_0 ), ur pix turn me on..it dnt luk hard enuf…hehehehehe..realy wish sum1 got d edge 2 do it 2 me..he always scared.

Looooool@ThickMama,

27calibre (O_0 ) says:

@ThickMama,ahahaha dont worry he will have the courage to do it ONE DAY it comes but it self (: wish you good luck and say hi to him sis.

Lola says:

waa look at this nonsense, can’t they find any other name for a movie than these silly ones lady gaga, rihanna and beyoce and now love and facebook

biz says:

@Lola, WHY ARE U FOOLS QUICK TO JUDGE, WHY DOES CHRIS SOMETIMES ACT STUPID LIKE THIS….WHAT IF THE MOVIE IS A COMEDY, DO U WANT IT TO BE CALLED BATMAM, RAMBO OR WHAT DE FCK, LET US THINK

Eaglebabe says:

@biz, i believe u cld have made ur point without insults, lets all be civil with our comments here…..aaaba

yaa says:

oh u too, u r rushing to judge, it could be a good comedy