Berlin Investment, the company behind the Face of Black Secret make up brand toured the country to scout for a lady to become the next face of their product and also to become the lead campaigner on cervical cancer.
After several months of auditions, 13 beautiful ladies were picked to battle each other for the above, which included a crown, a car and cash. At the end of the final event, Sandra Kubapire Awampaga beat the other young ladies to win the ultimate.
Sandra Awampaga becomes the third Face of Black Secret which first commenced in 2010. Gloria and Akosua picked the first and second runner up respectively.
As the ‘Face of Black Secret’ 2012, Sandra will be creating awareness and lead the campaign on Cervical Cancer. According to statistics, Ghana has a population of 6.7million women age 15 years and older who are at risk of developing Cervical Cancer.
Current estimates indicate that every year 3,038 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer and 2,006 die from the disease.
Cervical cancer ranks as the 1st most frequent cancer among women in Ghana, and the 1st most frequent cancer among women between 15 and 44 years of age.
With the above staggering statistics, Sandra would be tasked to help in encouraging and educating women to seek early treatment.
Sandra picked a Kia Picanto Car worth GHC 3.000.00 in addition to other prizes.
The first and second runner-up [second and third positions] took home GHC 1.500.00 and GHC 1.000 plus hampers from the sponsors.
Other contestants also went home with hampers.
Check out the photos below
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Court Orders Confidence Haugen To Stop Using ‘STOLEN’ Logo
- OMG: Cannes Film Festival Falls For The Fake Psy Of Gangnam Syyle Fame
- PHOTOS From Miss Ghana 2012 1st Runner-Up Nadia Ntanu’s India Visit
- Wizkid Promises An Exciting Performance At ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ On June 29
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: Beauty Isn't Just Skin Deep? Scientists Say Pretty Women Tend To Be 'Less Stressed And More Fertile'
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?