Auditions for the 2012 edition of the Miss Ghana beauty pageant continue to post impressive results.
Over the weekend, in the Garden City of Kumasi where auditions were held for contestants in the Middle Belt, the judging panel which included Actress Nana Ama Mc Brown, hiplife act ASEM, professional photographer Barrak El- Mahmoud, Inna Mariam Patty of Exclusive Events Ghana and Xavier of the Golden Tulip Hotel, had a tough time in choosing who had made it to the national finals.
After a long wait on the third and final day of an audition process that had already seen the contestants work on speech presentation, sales and marketing activation, and a special photo shoot session, the judges eventually decided on the lucky six, who will represent the Ashanti, Eastern and Brong Ahafo Regions respectively.
Out of the lot who auditioned, it was Ohemaa Akosua Agyemang-Badu, a 18 year-old graduate of the Holy Child Senior High School, Precious Kyei Bonsu, 21, of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Sabina Aryee, a 24 year-old student of the University of Ghana, Stephanie Nana Yaa Appiah of Conquerors Pre-University, Emelia Ainoooson, 20, of the Ghana Institute of Journalism, and Ayisha Hussein Baba Yara, a 23 year-old intern at the Center for National Culture, Kumasi, who made it to the national finals in Accra.
The Ashanti Region is represented at this year’s finals by Emelia and Precious, while Ohema and Sabina represent the Eastern Region. The Brong Ahafo Region makes an appearance at this year’s finals courtesy Stephanie and Ayisha.
The Kumasi auditions come on the heels of a successful and similar exercise held last week in Tamale, where the first six of twenty finalists were chosen.
The organizers have announced that the third and final auditions for the selection of contestants for this year’s event will take place tomorrow July 24, at the Golden Tulip Hotel in Accra. Some eight, lucky contestants will be chosen and added to the initial twelve selected from the Northern and Middle belts to make up the final list of 20.
This year’s finals take place in September. It is being held under the theme “Evolution of Beauty”.
Miss Ghana 2012 is an Exclusive Events Ghana production, with support from Manet Properties, Auto Plaza Ltd, Reflexion Hair care, Africa Cola, Fidelity Bank, Whirlpool, FC Skin & Beauty Klinik, Special Ice Mineral Water, Accents & Arts, TT Brothers, International Energy Insurance (IEI), Edern Security, Intercom Programming & Manufacturing Company Limited (IPMC), Total Fitness Health Club, ATL Fabrics, Golden Tulip Hotel, Danny’s Décor, Moet and Chandon, Active Media, Amazing U, Details by Naomi, Pistis, Naadei Designs, Capture – Your Memory Bank, Poqua Poqu and Anasimba.
Facebook: Miss Ghana 2012 0r Facebook.com/MissGhanaOfficial
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Court Orders Confidence Haugen To Stop Using ‘STOLEN’ Logo
- OMG: Cannes Film Festival Falls For The Fake Psy Of Gangnam Syyle Fame
- PHOTOS From Miss Ghana 2012 1st Runner-Up Nadia Ntanu’s India Visit
- Wizkid Promises An Exciting Performance At ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ On June 29
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: Beauty Isn't Just Skin Deep? Scientists Say Pretty Women Tend To Be 'Less Stressed And More Fertile'
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?