Auditions for the 2012 edition of the Miss Ghana beauty pageant continue to post impressive results.
Over the weekend, in the Garden City of Kumasi where auditions were held for contestants in the Middle Belt, the judging panel which included Actress Nana Ama Mc Brown, hiplife act ASEM, professional photographer Barrak El- Mahmoud, Inna Mariam Patty of Exclusive Events Ghana and Xavier of the Golden Tulip Hotel, had a tough time in choosing who had made it to the national finals.
After a long wait on the third and final day of an audition process that had already seen the contestants work on speech presentation, sales and marketing activation, and a special photo shoot session, the judges eventually decided on the lucky six, who will represent the Ashanti, Eastern and Brong Ahafo Regions respectively.
Out of the lot who auditioned, it was Ohemaa Akosua Agyemang-Badu, a 18 year-old graduate of the Holy Child Senior High School, Precious Kyei Bonsu, 21, of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Sabina Aryee, a 24 year-old student of the University of Ghana, Stephanie Nana Yaa Appiah of Conquerors Pre-University, Emelia Ainoooson, 20, of the Ghana Institute of Journalism, and Ayisha Hussein Baba Yara, a 23 year-old intern at the Center for National Culture, Kumasi, who made it to the national finals in Accra.
The Ashanti Region is represented at this year’s finals by Emelia and Precious, while Ohema and Sabina represent the Eastern Region. The Brong Ahafo Region makes an appearance at this year’s finals courtesy Stephanie and Ayisha.
The Kumasi auditions come on the heels of a successful and similar exercise held last week in Tamale, where the first six of twenty finalists were chosen.
The organizers have announced that the third and final auditions for the selection of contestants for this year’s event will take place tomorrow July 24, at the Golden Tulip Hotel in Accra. Some eight, lucky contestants will be chosen and added to the initial twelve selected from the Northern and Middle belts to make up the final list of 20.
This year’s finals take place in September. It is being held under the theme “Evolution of Beauty”.
Miss Ghana 2012 is an Exclusive Events Ghana production, with support from Manet Properties, Auto Plaza Ltd, Reflexion Hair care, Africa Cola, Fidelity Bank, Whirlpool, FC Skin & Beauty Klinik, Special Ice Mineral Water, Accents & Arts, TT Brothers, International Energy Insurance (IEI), Edern Security, Intercom Programming & Manufacturing Company Limited (IPMC), Total Fitness Health Club, ATL Fabrics, Golden Tulip Hotel, Danny’s Décor, Moet and Chandon, Active Media, Amazing U, Details by Naomi, Pistis, Naadei Designs, Capture – Your Memory Bank, Poqua Poqu and Anasimba.
Facebook: Miss Ghana 2012 0r Facebook.com/MissGhanaOfficial
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
- Sonnie Badu DENIES Ever Saying ‘Ghanaian Gospel Musicians Sing Nonsense’ As Reported By A Newspaper But The Editor Says Sonnie Badu Is A LIAR
- 2013 Ghana Movie Awards Launched | Nominees List Out December 14
- Miss Ghana 2013 Giuseppina Baafi Inspires Students Of Her Alma Mater
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening