This may sound absurd and shallow but I am tired of the level of ignorance some of our celebrities are parading. The pathetic part of this is that, certain news starved media houses are also helping them in championing what seems to me like a feckless enterprise.
If you have been following Entertainment reports recently, you would have come across news like ‘Yvonne Okoro Goes To UK’, ‘Yvonne Nelson Flies To USA’, ‘Joselyn Dumas Spend Weekend In London’, ’John Dumelo Goes To USA’ and all sort of headlines.
If you spend time to go further than just reading the headlines, you will quickly establish that, there is nothing substantive being reported apart from these stars boarding planes to foreign countries. From these media reports and information that I have gathered, most of these trips are feckless endeavors…
Over the weekend, I asked few people in the industry including a celebrity about the recent frequent trips of our celebrities to foreign lands. I wanted to find out what they really go there for since the many reports say ‘they are there for a business trip’.
I have no issue if someone is taking a holiday outside Ghana but from my deductions, many of these trips are not holidays. I was also told that, among the celebrities and certain Ghanaians, if you fly abroad a lot (no matter the reason of flying), it adds some sort of marks to your status. This is therefore the reason why most of our stars are frequently tripping to the United States and UK, and then arranging with media men to put their ‘useless’ trips in the public domain.
Despite my big laugh, I could not simply understand how travelling ‘pointlessly’ to any country will add anything to ones status.
I do not think Beyonce , Halle Berry or Denzel Washington will fly to London for nothing, hang around some hotel and then fly back to America even though they can afford these trips.
Do not confuse holidaying with these useless trips. Same way one will not just board a flight or car to Kumasi and hang out there for few days , why do these same people fly to other countries and hang out there uselessly, thinking it adds value to their brand?
If flying abroad adds any mark to people’s status, then I guess those living there have zillions of status mark….
We really got a long way to go!
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Blogging Is The New BIG Thing, A New Way To Make REAL Money Online-Start Your Own Blog Today For FREE
- BG: It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- And The Winner Is...Miss Universe 2013 Seems Like A BIG JOKE
- HEALTH & LIFESTYLE: Is What You Are Eating, Eating You?
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Entertainment & Fashion INTERNS Wanted!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?