After focusing on men for awhile, I decided to bring you today a woman; did I find just the right woman to break the male dominance with?
Old wine they say is the best and you will admit that after getting to know this woman…Akosua Busia.
She has been around for a long time and has her name solidly down in circles that matter including an enviable interview on the Oprah Winfrey show.
If you watch her on screen, you will be enthralled by her effortless flow and impeccable language.
From very privileged beginnings, Akosua was born three years after her father Kofi Abrefa Busia became Prime minister of Ghana on December 30th 1966 in Ghana. Her father insisted she be educated in Oxford University just like he had been.
She is a member of the Wenchi Royal Family. And is divorced from John Singleton –Hollywood Director with whom she has a daughter Hadar Singleton. Their marriage ended in 1997.
As the acting streak strikes through the family, Akosua acted in tears of the sun with her daughter Hadar who played Amaka.
Although Akosua is not a princess because her tradition doesn’t permit her to inherit paternally, she undoubtedly still carries herself as a world class princess and a screen blue blood both in Ghana and Hollywood. Akosua’s starlight first shone when she acted as Nettie in Steven Spielberg’s ‘COLOUR PURPLE-1985’ with Big Names like Whoopi Goldberg, Oprah Winfrey and Lawrence Fishburne.
Today, many years down the lane, she is a successful writer and actress with few equals.
Her movie appearances include sterling role interpretations such as Bessie in NATIVE SON-1996, Jewel in ROSEWOOD (1997), and as Patience in TEARS OF THE SUN (2003). She has also appeared on television in the show ER.
Watch Akosua Busia at her best!
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Celebrity Instagram & Twit Pics of the Week: Jackie Appiah, Efya, John Dumelo, Ama K Abebrese, Yvonne Nelson & others…
- One of the Recent Seks Tape Victims-Benedicta Nana Abena Yeboah Says She Has Not Killed Her Self & Apologises to Ghanaians…
- The Hypocrisy of Sandra Ankobiah & Others EXPOSED…
- AUDIO: Rev Owusu Bempah in a Pickle | Caught in a Lie on Live Radio about Castro
- Making the EYES Pop | Juliet Ibrahim’s Stunning Appearance at 2014 Africa Musik Magazine Awards in USA