After focusing on men for awhile, I decided to bring you today a woman; did I find just the right woman to break the male dominance with?
Old wine they say is the best and you will admit that after getting to know this woman…Akosua Busia.
She has been around for a long time and has her name solidly down in circles that matter including an enviable interview on the Oprah Winfrey show.
If you watch her on screen, you will be enthralled by her effortless flow and impeccable language.
From very privileged beginnings, Akosua was born three years after her father Kofi Abrefa Busia became Prime minister of Ghana on December 30th 1966 in Ghana. Her father insisted she be educated in Oxford University just like he had been.
She is a member of the Wenchi Royal Family. And is divorced from John Singleton –Hollywood Director with whom she has a daughter Hadar Singleton. Their marriage ended in 1997.
As the acting streak strikes through the family, Akosua acted in tears of the sun with her daughter Hadar who played Amaka.
Although Akosua is not a princess because her tradition doesn’t permit her to inherit paternally, she undoubtedly still carries herself as a world class princess and a screen blue blood both in Ghana and Hollywood. Akosua’s starlight first shone when she acted as Nettie in Steven Spielberg’s ‘COLOUR PURPLE-1985’ with Big Names like Whoopi Goldberg, Oprah Winfrey and Lawrence Fishburne.
Today, many years down the lane, she is a successful writer and actress with few equals.
Her movie appearances include sterling role interpretations such as Bessie in NATIVE SON-1996, Jewel in ROSEWOOD (1997), and as Patience in TEARS OF THE SUN (2003). She has also appeared on television in the show ER.
Watch Akosua Busia at her best!
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: On Africa Union Day...See How SMART Our Leaders Are...
- On African Union Day: Nigeria Suffers Fuel Shortage Whilst Ghana Wallows In Dumsor | Where Is This Continent Going?
- READERS' MAIL: The Hypocrisy & Thievery Nature of Ghanaians | The CEO of Red Row Estate Joined Yvonne Nelson for Dumsor Vigil When His Estate Runs On ECG Illegal Connections…
- Who's Lying? Security Guard At the Red Row Estate Confirms the Entire Estate Has Been Disconnected But Management Says Only 12 of Their Houses Had the Illegal Connection
- GC Arrested Journalist FINALLY Released...