“They actually said that, I have a beautiful wife so because I have a beautiful wife, I have the eye to see a beautiful lady”, Majid Michel, one of the celebrity guest judges at the Accra auditions for Miss Ghana 2012 said in his usual jovial manner.
And the winner of Miss Ghana 2012 is … not so fast, just hold it. Before the winner is announced, lets pause a little and look at the exciting prizes that the lucky lady would be taking home in addition to the coveted crown.
The would be Miss Ghana 2012 in addition to the first and second runners go home with an official car [one for each], a unspecified sum of money, tickets to London, employment opportunities, branding and ambassadorial opening, elegant household appliances from sponsors of the pageant.
It does not end there. The top three ladies qualify for a full educational scholarship worth several United States dollars to study with one of the best universities in the United States of America.
Also the eventual winner would be accommodated for a year with the two runner ups residing at the Miss Ghana House, which is donated by Manet Properties.
And the icing on the cake for Miss Ghana 2012 is to represent the country in the Miss World 2013. How exciting can it get?
And with the coming in of Exclusive Events Ghana, which is headed by former 2004 winner of the pageant, Inna Patty, it appears the oldest pageant in Ghana has taken its rightful place in the pageantry industry in Ghana in grand fashion.
Auditions for the 2012 edition started in earnest and it’s almost at its zenith. In the Northern Belt which comprises of Upper East, Upper West and the Northern regions, six beautiful young ladies were picked for the finals.
The Southern Belt which comprises of Ashanti, Eastern and Brong Ahafo regions also saw three ladies picked for the national finals. Now auditions are going on for finals ladies to be picked from Accra.
One of the twists in this year’s pageant is that, celebrities have been added to aid in judging the ladies for the final events. Being a proud media partner of Miss Ghana 2012, GhanaCelebrities.Com made a quick visit to the audition grounds at Golden Tulip for an observation.
Indeed, we were taken aback by the number of beautiful ladies ready to be auditioned. “The mad rush for this year’s Miss Ghana is indicative of how prestigious the brand is, and also speaks volume of its leadership role in empowering the Ghanaian lady,” Obed Boafo, Publicist for the Miss Ghana event said.
With over 200 ladies auditioned in Accra, Majid explained, further what they look out for in them.
“We are scrutinizing and screening the ladies to pick the best of the best and there is no compromising whatsoever. We are here to judge them, their intellect as well as their looks to see if it matches. If it doesn’t, you can’t make it through”
According to him, a lady cannot be beautiful and move around with an empty head hence the several auditions to test their intellect and how they talk, how they think on their feet and answer some witty questions.
For Majid who appears judging ladies in a beauty pageant for the first time, conceded the enormous challenges, they [judges] have encountered, partly due to the intelligent nature of the ladies.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
- Sonnie Badu DENIES Ever Saying ‘Ghanaian Gospel Musicians Sing Nonsense’ As Reported By A Newspaper But The Editor Says Sonnie Badu Is A LIAR
- 2013 Ghana Movie Awards Launched | Nominees List Out December 14
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know