On the global music scene, the Ghana Hip life scene is slowly, but surely making an impact with the male musicians championing the cause.
One thing I have noticed is that, our mainstream female musicians are off the radar, and in many cases, retrogressing in their career.
This is really sad to me as a woman. If I’m looking back even as recent as two years ago, our female musicians had all the potential in the world, tracks like “Wengeze” and “Fake London Boy” were in heavy rotation. But now they are getting it so wrong, their singles are making no impact, and their popularity is sinking fast.
As a result of free downloads, musicians cannot rely on CDs to make bank hits anymore, and must therefore focus on endorsements and paid performances, which are also heavily reliant on branding.
How can our female musicians attract performances when their songs are nothing to write home about? When it comes to endorsements, do not go there because their brands or images are at the weakest level.
Instead of tackling the above problems, our female musicians are rather spending precious time, energy and money staying at the same place, redoing same things, reshooting videos, etc.
The headlines have been a disaster too; taking part in a reality show has been a massive PR failure for one star, another veteran female has had her rep severely hampered by a number of allegations about her personal life, while another is said to be addicted to drugs. For attention, another had to flash her precious property on stage (At least that is what I think).
In short, our female musicians need to fix up or they will be relegated out of the game by the men. The talent is there, but they need to take serious control of their business, go and conquer.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Blogging Is The New BIG Thing, A New Way To Make REAL Money Online-Start Your Own Blog Today For FREE
- BG: It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- And The Winner Is...Miss Universe 2013 Seems Like A BIG JOKE
- HEALTH & LIFESTYLE: Is What You Are Eating, Eating You?
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Entertainment & Fashion INTERNS Wanted!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?