On the global music scene, the Ghana Hip life scene is slowly, but surely making an impact with the male musicians championing the cause.
One thing I have noticed is that, our mainstream female musicians are off the radar, and in many cases, retrogressing in their career.
This is really sad to me as a woman. If I’m looking back even as recent as two years ago, our female musicians had all the potential in the world, tracks like “Wengeze” and “Fake London Boy” were in heavy rotation. But now they are getting it so wrong, their singles are making no impact, and their popularity is sinking fast.
As a result of free downloads, musicians cannot rely on CDs to make bank hits anymore, and must therefore focus on endorsements and paid performances, which are also heavily reliant on branding.
How can our female musicians attract performances when their songs are nothing to write home about? When it comes to endorsements, do not go there because their brands or images are at the weakest level.
Instead of tackling the above problems, our female musicians are rather spending precious time, energy and money staying at the same place, redoing same things, reshooting videos, etc.
The headlines have been a disaster too; taking part in a reality show has been a massive PR failure for one star, another veteran female has had her rep severely hampered by a number of allegations about her personal life, while another is said to be addicted to drugs. For attention, another had to flash her precious property on stage (At least that is what I think).
In short, our female musicians need to fix up or they will be relegated out of the game by the men. The talent is there, but they need to take serious control of their business, go and conquer.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- VVIP Responds to Allegations By Former VIP Member-Promzy that Reggie Rockstone Connived With Them to KICK Him Out
- The Girl With The Cocaine Stash: A Timeline of the Biggest Story in Ghana Right Now And One Long Sorry indictment On Ghana And Our Way Of Doing Things
- Kwaw Kese Arrested & LOCKED in Kumasi for Smoking Weed?
- Shocking Video Showing Nanny Beating Small Girl Mercilessly Goes Viral | What is Your Take?
- Trailer + ‘WHEN LOVE HAPPENS’ Starring Desmond Elliot, OC Ukeje, Gideon Okeke, Beverely Naya, Wale Ojo, Bukky Wright & Others Set for Cinema Release in Accra on 28th November, 2014