Uganda’s Jannette stumbled one step short of the Big Brother StarGame final as she became the 8th housemate to be evicted from the Upville house last night (29 July on DStv Channel 197 & 198 at 20:00 CAT). After managing to dodge nomination for 11 weeks, her luck ran out last Monday as she fell foul of Wati and Lady May – and then received fewer country votes than Kyle, Lady May and Prezzo over the course of this week to see her time in the house come to an end.
Jannette’s departure means that there are six housemates left in the running for the USD 300 000 prize, which will be awarded next Sunday during a spectacular live finale. Lady May, Prezzo, Wati, Talia, Keagan and Kyle need Africa’s votes to determine which of them wins Big Brother StarGame!
Sunday night’s show was as packed with music as it was with drama, as DJ Pita from Uganda’s Sanyu FM spun the decks, Angola’s Young Nucho performed I’m Not Wayneand South African hip-hop stars Jozi rocked the house with Baby Don’t Cry.
It had been a massive week in the Big Brother house as the housemates worked hard to win their ONE Campaign task, and had celebrity shout outs and visitors in the shape of Mary J. Blige, Bono, Nas, Melanie Fiona, Zolani Mahola and Nigeria’s own 2Face Idibia. Kyle had some regrets about putting Keitta up for eviction last week, while Jannette struggled to come to terms with her first nomination.
Last week’s evictees Alex and Keitta have had a busy time since leaving the Big Brother StarGame house and viewers got to hear all about it. Alex said he’d like to be remembered as the guy who was always “chilled out” while Keitta wanted people to think of him as the guy who was the “fun of the house”. Alex learned to respect different people’s opinions and said he had felt particularly close to Yadel. Keitta said his instincts had told him that Kyle had put him up for eviction as part of his ‘save and replace’ decision, which made his eviction “easier”, because in his words: “it’s just a game”.
The time had come, though, for Wati to reveal his ‘save and replace’ decision to his housemates at the end of a pivotal week. IK asked the Malawian to stand and explain his decision. He said that he had realized that there were two Ugandans in the house, so had opted to put Kyle up in his place to test Africa’s feelings about them.
IK didn’t waste time, returning to the house to reveal the result of Africa’s votes this week. After revealing the fates of the rest of the nominees, the spotlight did indeed fall upon the two Ugandans. After a tense wait, IK revealed that the 8th housemate to be evicted from Upville would be Jannette.
“Small Princess” joined IK on stage and discussed her famous dance moves, party antics and alter ego “Lola Fierce”. She admitted that she found Nigerian housemate Ola “really sexy” and said that she had made peace with Wati during the course of her final day as she felt that if she was to be evicted, she wanted to leave the house on good terms. The Ugandan said she had come into Big Brother StarGame to have fun – and certainly did! She was surprised to see that Lady May had nominated her, but had expected a nod from Wati.
It’s all up to the viewers now! You need to vote for the housemate you want to win Big Brother StarGame and take home the USD 300 000 prize! Voting opened immediately after Sunday night’s show and closes at 06:00 CAT on Sunday morning. Each week, viewers stand a chance of winning amazing prize by voting. This week’s winners were: Trishia Simelane (South Africa) who picked up a DStv HD PVR Decoder, Anne Frank (South Africa) won a Big Boy Scooter and Nicci Nthieanduwa (Namibia) who took home a DStv Walka. The following voters also won Nokia mobile phones: Ama Chiraa (Nigeria), Tiosilia Iikela (Namibia), Fiina Nkandi (Namibia), Queen Moshoeu (Botswana) and John Mafabi (Kenya).
There are three ways to vote for the winner of Big Brother StarGame - via web, SMS or WAP. To vote via web or WAP, go to www.africamagic.tv/bigbrother, log in, click ‘Vote’ and then click the appropriate button for the housemate you’d like to see win the big prize. You may vote once per hour.
To vote via SMS, send the word VOTE followed by the housemate’s name to the number for your country below. SMS’s are charged per specified network tariffs in the various countries. VAS rates apply. Free minutes do not apply. Please note that you can vote 100 times by SMS per telephone number during each voting period.
MTN 1474 GHC 0.70
Vodafone 1474 GHC 0.70
Espresso 1474 GHC 0.70
Tigo 1474 GHC 0.70
Airtel 1474 GHC 0.70
Big Brother StarGame fans can catch all the latest news, video – and all-important voting information – at www.africamagic.tv/bigbrother. Tweet Big Brother @BigBroAfrica, send SMS messages to the on-screen strap and visit the Big Brother StarGame Facebook page to get the low-down on the continent’s favourite reality show. And don’t forget to vote, vote, vote!
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Big Brother Africa Season 8 'THE CHASE' To Be Launch On 26 May
- Big Brother Africa Seeks Housemates For 2013 Edition…Get Your Shine Now!
- AfricaMagic Is Ready For New Season Of Big Brother Africa
- Photo Of The Day...African Celebrity Or African Junk?
- Photos: SA’s Keagan Takes The Big Brother Stargame Prize
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?