Since we think our existence is far longer than it really is, we are failing to live our lives to the fullest with countless procrastination at our feet.
All we have is today and instead of embracing today with everything we have, we seem to see more worthiness in tomorrow when we are not even sure of what tomorrow will bring to us.
An event last week pushed me into thinking about how short life is for us all. It knocked me to realize that fighting for a better tomorrow is quite useless in many ways. Why don’t we fight for a better today instead of tomorrow?
There are countless things we will want to do, see or achieve before our lives on earth come to an end. Most of these things are projected into tomorrow when we can kick start them today.
We seem to spend enough energy seeking to better tomorrow, and in doing so, forgetting to live today. Why are we wasting so much time on what we do not have and little or no time on what we already have? Why do we appreciate tomorrow so much than today-something we can boldly say we have?
Life is a beautiful journey but it is the non timeless nature of life which makes it what it is…Until we begin to see that life is far shorter than we think by beginning to live each day to the fullest, we will never see the hidden beauty and fulfilment that comes with life.
What is it that you want to do or want to be? Start being that thing now. Do you want to be a good friend, a good daughter or son, a kind or helpful individual? Start being it today because the tomorrow you wish for may never come to you.
Anytime I think about the non timeless nature of life, I remember what Mark Twain once said. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Even if tomorrow reaches you and you have chased the things that you want in life without achieving the results you really wanted, you will not be much disappointed. You will be more disappointed by those things that you did not do and left them for tomorrow…Continue Reading From Here
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- It Can’t Get Any Better Than This | ‘Sparrow Productions’ Launches The ‘4 BIG THINGS’- A New MOVIE, New LOGO, Adams Apples Season 2 DVD, Sparrow Station & A Short Film…
- New Music: 'Awoso' By Daddy Lumba
- PHOTO FROM The Launch Of Ghana Movie Awards 2013 + Why Must The Proceeds Of The Event Go To ‘Kwabena Kwabena’s Save A Heart Campaign & Not The Struggling Industry?
- New Music: 'All Star Tribute to Ronnie Coaches' By Captain Planet, Castro, Screw Face, Dr. Poh, Pope Skinny, Nkasei & Others
- ‘Naughty By Nature’ Arrives In Ghana On Thursday-December 5 For The MEGA ‘Back In The Day’ Concert
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
- New Music: ‘All The Way’ By R. Kelly Feat. Kelly Rowland
- PHOTOS: Lady Gaga Meets Another Gaga At Tokyo Press Conference
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening