It would be cruel to suggest that like everyone else, certain women should not have preference when it comes to the sort of men they want to share intimacy, their lives or future with.
However, the preposterous tall list of what some women want in their men is the lone obstacle keeping them single.
The funny bit of this is that, no matter how you try to convince most of these single women who are single by virtue of their unreasonable wants to lower the bar, they seem not to see any sense in that.
Even though I am against compromising on fundamentals, it is always reasonable to evaluate what you want in relation to what you have to offer.
A recent conversation I had with my single cousin (Aged 26) is the drive behind this article. I appreciate that she wants the best for herself. After all, who wants to be with a worthless man?
My appreciation for her desire to grab a better man does not mean I should be unrealistic. I therefore pointed to her the disproportionate relationship between what she wants and what she has to offer…
I cannot list all my cousins’ wants but I can try to summarize the important ones. Apart from her wanting a cute Ghanaian man who should be taller than her, and should be strictly Akan, her man should have a degree, should be between 26-31 years, must drive his own car and should have his papers (residence).
It does not end there, the man should have his own place, should have a good job with a net monthly income of not less than £1500. On top of it all, he must be debt free and must be ready to marry her. WOW!
It is not that bad as I have made it to seem right? Wait till you read what she has to offer and then you will see how disproportionate her wants are in relation to her offer.
My cousin has no permanent job, I cannot even remember the last time she worked. So technically, she has no job. She lives with her Mum and has a 4 year old daughter. Do not ask about the Dad of the child because it will get her screaming your ear drums out. What doesn’t makes sense at all is, she has no degree. At least for now…
Here are the positives; she is Akan and therefore if she wants to be with someone of her own tribe, I think it is not that bad. She’s an attractive lady, very confident and open minded (I guess not when it comes to her men though).
With the above on the table, it is not surprising that my cousin like many women is single, despite their strong desire to have a partner. Like many single women, my cousin still has every right to get what she wants but then after years of not getting it, why don’t these women lower the bar of wants?
I told my cousin that, you are single because you are offering far less in relation to your demands. I know Jesus will not even fall into this sort of love pot.
So you see, many women like my cousin are held single by their own unreasonable wants. If you are towing the lines of my cousin, better take an urgent re-assessment or else….
Do not get me wrong, I believe black women deserve the best. However, we black men equally deserve the best too!
Why do you think you are still single or why do you think your friends are single?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- IAmSassyChic.Com: How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- Winnie 'Nomzamo' Mandela: She Who Tried!
- BG: Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Ahead Of 2013 Ghana Movie Awards, Your Favourite Movie Stars Pose With The GMA’s Expensive Statuette
- Wife of Footballer-Samuel Inkoom Shares Intimate Photos On Instagram | Some Say It Is An Attempt To Let The Girls Chasing Her Husband Know-He LOVES Her
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date