Life is difficult but it is the uncertain nature of it that makes it beautiful. You will never know what tomorrow holds for you and this is why we should never give up on life.
Few days ago, 16 year old Gabby Douglas made America proud by winning 2 gold medals at the on-going Olympics 2012 in London.
As if her achievements and success is not enough, Kelloggs is reported to have quickly jumped to sign an endorsement deal with her worth between 1-3 million dollars. A day after winning her medals, Kelloggs presented to her a special edition box featuring herself holding her gold medal…
This looks great for her, her family and her future…right?
But then it was not the same few months ago. Life was tough for her and her Mother- Natalie Hawkins. Her mother was struggling to even pay $408 for gymnastic classes she took 2 years ago at Orthodontist in Iowa.
Together with other debt, the mother filed for bankruptcy just few months before the Olympics.
According to bankruptcy documents which were filed in Virginia, Gabby Douglas’ mother filed for Chapter 13 bankruptcy and her assets amount to $163,706.10 and carried a debt totalling $79,754.14.
She owes Capital One $1,534, Student loan — $4,350.23, Sprint — $158.78, T-Mobile — $413 and others…
With projections that Gabby Douglas’ success at the Olympics will fetch her over $90 million in endorsement deals, what are these debts to her mother? Nothing!
So you see why you should never give up on life even when all hope seems to be lost.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Celebrity Instagram & Twit Photos of the Week: Jackie Appiah, Joselyn Dumas, Nikki Samonas, Christabel Ekeh, Menaye Donkor, Ama K Abebrse & Others
- With Less than 24 Hours to the Release of Shirley Frimpong Manso's New Drama Series ‘V-REPUBLIC’, Check Out the Snippet & Never Seen Photos
- When a ‘Misogynist’ Leads a Credulous Congregation | The Case of Archbishop Duncan Williams
- Ghanaian Actor-John Dumelo Hits 2 Million Fans Mark on Facebook | What’s NEXT?
- Will Politicians Go to Heaven? | The Answer Better Be NO