Several reasons have been given as the main cause of the recent heavy decline in the sale of Ghanaian movies. Some of the major reasons given by movie enthusiasts are that, producers constantly use the same old faces in their movies.
For such people, introducing new set of actors would at least help the movie maker to turn things around in their way.
Can the automatic change of actors increase sales of movie? How is that feasible?
A cross section of them also has said that, perhaps if good stories are produced into movies, the decline in buying of movies wouldn’t be discussed now. It is said that, these days producers find it usual to reproduce movies they had already produced years ago. If not to make extra money, then I don’t know the reason.
This unfortunate trend has been a major concern for movie buyers too. Who wants to use their hard earned cash to purchase same movie with different titles? Very illogical.
Over the years when the cinema culture was still around and very vibrant, even though movie makers by then didn’t have or use modern equipment for filming, they had good stories to tackle with their not-so-good or old equipment.
Yet today the table has turned. Film makers now use good equipment for filming bad and stolen stories from other movies. Whenever you talk to any of the producers concerning those stolen stories, they tell you ‘every story has been treated before’ but now it appears that, they have to find a way to arrest the situation and also convince movie buyers.
Above are some views of the movie buyers. Socrate Safo, a movie maker however is blaming the decline in movie purchasing to three factors; TV Stations, Piracy and Distribution Channels.
The man who has been nicknamed ‘controversial’ due to the manner he tackles stories in his movies said the proliferation of television stations is a major hindrance to their growth and contributed to the decline in movie sales in the country.
Back to the cinema culture in those days, the cinema was the only source for many people to watch new movies before they are released on the market. Now all the television stations broadcast movies almost all the time.
According to him, that has prevented people from purchasing the movies, after all they can watch it free on television. He laid special emphasis on the free-to-air-channels as major culprits.
The second reason Socrate gave is the issue with piracy. He talked extensively about how pirates have retarded their progress, continuing that, they had lost the war against the pirates.
He said for about fourteen years, they fought the pirates with the same techniques and acknowledged that, they need to change how they operate to fight the pirates.
Talking about the last reason – Distribution Channels. Socrate said “We don’t have distributors in Ghana, we have shop keepers. People who just take the films and put it in their shops and just sit down somewhere …. and they wait for people to come and buy, they are not distributors”.
He concluded that a proper Distribution Channel has to be put in place to do proper distribution of Ghanaian movies. Socrate Safo was speaking on Talk Showbiz on eTV.
It appears that, the appropriate authorities have not come together to collectively fight the canker that is retarding the progress of the country’s Movie Industry.
Do we all share Socrate’s sentiments? When was the last time a good Ghanaian movie was even released? When was the last time you enjoyed a great Ghanaian movie?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS: Banky W, Wizkid, Bola Ray, Samini, StoneBwoy, R2Bees, Jupita, Ekow Smith Asante & Others At Pre-Vodafone Ghana Music Awards party At Excel Lounge!
- Ghana Music Awards 2013: Winner Of ‘Artistes of the Year’ To Get A New Car
- If R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ Then Charter House May Redefine That Category + My Predictions For The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2013
- VIDEO: E.L Talks About What He Meant When He Said He Is No Longer Doing Any Collaborations With Ghanaian Rappers
- Mario Balotelli Says He Will Follow Kevin-Prince Boateng's Footsteps & Walk Off Pitch Next Time He's Racially Abused
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?