Lately, Ghana music is witnessing a new revolution with gospel musicians and secular musicians joining forces to make songs. Unlike in the western world where gospel artistes can perform alongside secular musicians, Ghana used to be strictly different.
The kind of songs gospel artistes in Ghana churn out are mostly performed in the church auditoriums or programs organised by a church or Christian body.
So if a gospel and secular musician record a song together, where does the song go? The club or the church?
You probably must have listened to lots of recent songs featuring gospel artistes and Hip Life or High Life musicians or those we call secular musicians and wondering what’s happening.
I must confess that, personally the trend is annoying. Isn’t it annoying and hypocritical that musicians who use indecent, sexual and war lyrics in their songs are being allowed on songs which are purely meant to praise God, console believers and help in the propagation of the gospel?
Who are we deceiving? I guess it is all about the money now right?
What are your genuine thoughts on such collaborations?
Herty Borngreat featuring Trigmatic – Kano Seyaa
Herty Borngreat featuring Sarkodie – Bebree
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- POETIC JUSTICE: Boy Who Recorded & Leaked His Banging Encounter with a Girl without Her Knowledge, Forced To Marry Her in Ghana
- Players in Ghana’s Movie Industry Are NOT Business Minded | They’ve Watched On Unconcerned For a Bank to Take Over Accra’s Only Biggest Surviving Cinema
- Classification Board Approves ‘Castro Amanehunu’ Movie – Actors In It Are Named: Castro, Janet, Asamoah Gyan & So Film Producers Association Says ‘We Won’t Allow It to Be Released’
- T.B Joshua Says Ebola Virus’ is From the Pit of Hell
- Let’s Stop Complaining About the Youth Having No Moral Fibre | Ghana Has No Moral Fibre!