Lately, Ghana music is witnessing a new revolution with gospel musicians and secular musicians joining forces to make songs. Unlike in the western world where gospel artistes can perform alongside secular musicians, Ghana used to be strictly different.
The kind of songs gospel artistes in Ghana churn out are mostly performed in the church auditoriums or programs organised by a church or Christian body.
So if a gospel and secular musician record a song together, where does the song go? The club or the church?
You probably must have listened to lots of recent songs featuring gospel artistes and Hip Life or High Life musicians or those we call secular musicians and wondering what’s happening.
I must confess that, personally the trend is annoying. Isn’t it annoying and hypocritical that musicians who use indecent, sexual and war lyrics in their songs are being allowed on songs which are purely meant to praise God, console believers and help in the propagation of the gospel?
Who are we deceiving? I guess it is all about the money now right?
What are your genuine thoughts on such collaborations?
Herty Borngreat featuring Trigmatic – Kano Seyaa
Herty Borngreat featuring Sarkodie – Bebree
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Woyome To Repay Ghc51m Back To The State By The End Of This Year
- Three Arrested in Connection With Arranged Marriage Of A 9 Year Old Girl To A 56 Year Old Man in Ghana
- Nollywood Actress-Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Shares Photo of Her 18 Year Old Daughter
- Ghana Embroiled In Two International Disputes Involving Waterville And Cote d’Ivoire
- Ghanaian UK Based Pastor- Prophet Eric Isaiah Adusah Arrested for Killing His British Wife While in Ghana With Her