Lately, Ghana music is witnessing a new revolution with gospel musicians and secular musicians joining forces to make songs. Unlike in the western world where gospel artistes can perform alongside secular musicians, Ghana used to be strictly different.
The kind of songs gospel artistes in Ghana churn out are mostly performed in the church auditoriums or programs organised by a church or Christian body.
So if a gospel and secular musician record a song together, where does the song go? The club or the church?
You probably must have listened to lots of recent songs featuring gospel artistes and Hip Life or High Life musicians or those we call secular musicians and wondering what’s happening.
I must confess that, personally the trend is annoying. Isn’t it annoying and hypocritical that musicians who use indecent, sexual and war lyrics in their songs are being allowed on songs which are purely meant to praise God, console believers and help in the propagation of the gospel?
Who are we deceiving? I guess it is all about the money now right?
What are your genuine thoughts on such collaborations?
Herty Borngreat featuring Trigmatic – Kano Seyaa
Herty Borngreat featuring Sarkodie – Bebree
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- So I Was RIGHT After All? | Kwaw Kese’s Management & MUSIGA Issue Statement Asking the So Called Celebrities to Stop Their Social Media Comments & End the #FREEKWAWKESE Campaign
- Ugandan Maid in Child Assault Video Receives 4 Years in Jail | Is the Sentence Appropriate?
- Man Attempts Suicide in Volta Region Because His Girlfriend Dumped Him
- Where is Bishop Obinim & the Other Charlatans in Ghana? | The National Secretariat of the Domestic Violence and Victims’ Support Unit Says Reckless Abuse of People On the Increase in Ghana Done in the Name Of Religion
- Prosecution Begins Appeal Of Oscar Pistorius’ Sentence