The organizers of Kumawood Akoben Movie Awards (KAM Awards), Kumawood Entertainment and Concept Developers have commenced a process in earnest for the second edition of the awards this year.
The awards put together with a goal of highlighting the richness of the Ghanaian cultural heritage in locally produced movies came off last year December in Miklin Hotel in its maiden edition.
The awards were instituted to acknowledge and reward film makers, actors/actresses, producers and all stakeholders in the indigenous film making in Ghana.
This year being an election year, the organizers have the awards forward to November 2nd and 3rd in Georgia/Milklin Hotel in Kumasi.
The organizers have highlighted the following objectives of the awards.
- To put the Local dialect Film Industry into the spotlight of world event.
- To open a more distributing link between producers, marketers and the general public.
- To bring about togetherness in the Ghanaian Film Industry.
- To promote the rich cultural heritage of the Ghanaian local languages to the outside world through films.
- To celebrate and reward excellence.
All stakeholders are to be advised to pick up their nomination forms as soon as possible before August ending. You can download free nomination forms on our website www.kumawood.com or call 0247 517744 for a copy.
The various nominees shall announced on the last week of September so that movie fans can start voting for their favorite artistes and movies through the new KAM Awards short code 1728 to all networks and 1828 to Airtel.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Genevieve Nnaji Covers Vanguard Allure Magazine With Oris Erhuero
- Rukky Sanda Flaunts Curves in New Photos
- Video: Genevieve Nnaji Performs Adele's 'Hello'
- Volta Regional NDC Group Calls For President Mahama To Replace Amissah Arthur As Running Mate Because He’s Incompetent: We Thought The President Was The Incompetent One?
- New Video: Gasmilla - 'Swordu'