This article may be comical to some readers but maybe it has some truth. Less than a decade ago, BBC published an article citing a research by Dr. Nancy Etcoff, a Harvard University psychologist. Dr. Etcoff mentioned in her book Survival of the Fittest, that attractive men and women are in advantage from the beginning of life. Dr. Etcoff’s work also cites that:
“Mothers are more likely to make a fuss of pretty babies. Teachers think good-looking pupils are “smarter and more sociable”. Police officers, judges and juries are more lenient towards beautiful people. If you break down in your car, the better looking you are the more likely someone is to stop and help you out”.
I have concluded this research to be factual.When I made an attempt to notice how people were treated in everyday life, my observations made me laugh when I noticed how quick men were to open doors for a beautiful woman or gawk at her in the grocery store isle.
I also noticed how job websites only portray an attractive person in order for one to apply. Likewise for men, I noticed how a handsome man is given more attention by female employees in shopping stores when in need of help.
In the cases of babies, I have witnessed people compliment parents with attractive children.
Lastly, I can believe a complete stranger helping a gorgeous damsel in distress when her car should break down-and then turning around to ask for her number!
In your opinion, do you think beautiful/handsome people live better lives considering the fact that, they tend to get a lot of favors and cut around things?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Update on Castro & Janet Bandu’s Disappearance: Janet Bandu’s Father Says Asamoah Gyan and Castro’s Family Have Not Still Come to See Him
- Foreign Acts Missing in 2014: Is It That Event Organizers Did Not Have Enough Money to Hire Them Or Our Artists Proved We Don’t Need Foreign Acts in Ghana?
- BREAKING NEWS: Kwaw Kese’s Case Adjourned to Tomorrow – 23rd Dec, 2014 Because He Is Seriously Sick
- VIDEO: Angry TV 3’s Nana Aba Anamoah Spits On Viasat 1
- More Findings On Fennec Okyere’s Murder But Ghana Police Is Not Ready to Speak Out – What Could They Not Be Telling Us?