This article may be comical to some readers but maybe it has some truth. Less than a decade ago, BBC published an article citing a research by Dr. Nancy Etcoff, a Harvard University psychologist. Dr. Etcoff mentioned in her book Survival of the Fittest, that attractive men and women are in advantage from the beginning of life. Dr. Etcoff’s work also cites that:
“Mothers are more likely to make a fuss of pretty babies. Teachers think good-looking pupils are “smarter and more sociable”. Police officers, judges and juries are more lenient towards beautiful people. If you break down in your car, the better looking you are the more likely someone is to stop and help you out”.
I have concluded this research to be factual.When I made an attempt to notice how people were treated in everyday life, my observations made me laugh when I noticed how quick men were to open doors for a beautiful woman or gawk at her in the grocery store isle.
I also noticed how job websites only portray an attractive person in order for one to apply. Likewise for men, I noticed how a handsome man is given more attention by female employees in shopping stores when in need of help.
In the cases of babies, I have witnessed people compliment parents with attractive children.
Lastly, I can believe a complete stranger helping a gorgeous damsel in distress when her car should break down-and then turning around to ask for her number!
In your opinion, do you think beautiful/handsome people live better lives considering the fact that, they tend to get a lot of favors and cut around things?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Daddy Lumba Dead? | Close Sources Shut Down Rumour & Say Lumba is Pretty Angry
- It’s Happening & You Can’t Miss it | The Biggest Concert-'Tigo Ghana Meets Naija' 2015…Get Your Tickets Now
- Yvonne Nelson Says She Can’t Remember the Last Time She Loved & Juliet Ibrahim Says She Does Not Want Vultures Snatching Her New Man…
- Celebrity Instagram & Twit Pics of the Week: Jackie Appiah, John Dumelo, Deborah Vanessa, Yvonne Nelson, Becca, Nana Ama McBrown & Others
- If Yvonne Nelson Was Not A Celebrity…See How She Would Look