An article about Ghanaian comedian and TV personality, DKB was released online on the 20th of August, 2012 which talked about his claims that Ghanaians do not appreciate their own comedians.
Ecstasy Entertainment, management of DKB finds this article an attempt to defame their artiste, whom people already want to vilify. In their bid to depict DKB as a renegade, they used the title “DKB claims Ghanaians are unappreciable people” which is not only grammatically incorrect but also meant to sway Ghanaians into thinking he said they are unappreciative people. We want to state emphatically that he didn’t blatantly say it as it was reported but rather he had a hypothetical approach towards it.
What brought up this topic was a phone-in interview session by Angel Fm, Kumasi, during an entertainment discussion when DKB was called to give his opinion on why it seems Ghanaians do not support Ghanaian comedians but prefer their Nigerian counterparts. He replied saying most Ghanaians do not give new/upcoming comedians enough chance to show them what they can do but rather compare them to the best and already established Nigerian comedians, resulting in the conclusion that the Nigerian acts are better off than the Ghanaian ones.
He ended by saying that anyone who wanted to do comedy in Ghana should not wait for all Ghanaians to support him before he launches his career, but should instead start by doing enough research with the little support he gets from the beginning and would gradually gain the support of the rest when they come to realise what he has to offer.
In other words, they should not rely solely on Ghanaian support for their careers to be successful, but also on their research and creativity which would make them better comedians.
These were the original words of DKB during the interview; he at no point stated that Ghanaians are “unappreciable” or unappreciative. The article published was a misinformation with irreparable malice intended.
We would not take responsibility for the misdirected actions of someone but nonetheless sympathise with the readers who were in one way or the other hurt, provoked or offended by that said article. An unqualified apology from the writers to our beloved Ghanaians and our artiste-DKB would be appropriate.
You can reach us on anything related to this article at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- FOR THE LADIES: Submerging Your Face In CUCUMBER Water Every Day Is Kate Moss’ Beauty Secret…Are Your Read To Do That?
- ALL THE PHOTOS From Ghanaian/Nigerian Actress Ebi Bright’s Birthday Party Feat. Abdul Sallam, Pascaline Edwards, Beverly Afaglo, Richie & Others
- Cannes Celebrates 100 Years of Bollywood with Gala Screening of BOMBAY TALKIES...India’s Top Directors – Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee & Anurag Kashyap Attend
- PHOTOS + Bola Ray Celebrates 10 Years At JOY FM
- FOR THOSE IN UK: Afrobeat Returns-Afrobeat Sundays May Bank Holiday Special
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?