The above is perhaps an ordinary picture of the originator of Hip Life, Reggie Rockstone and an old soldier of Hip Life Ex-Doe, but it speaks volume and says a lot especially if you remember the early days of the Hip Life genre in the 90s.
If you were not born when Hip Life was birthed then you probably don’t know about what I’m going to talk about. So let me take you down the memory lane.
In one of his several hit songs ‘Maba’, Ex-Doe took a swipe at the originator of the genre for his constant use of ‘Oseikrom President’.
According to Ex-Doe, that tagline was very weak and loose for someone like the ‘president’.
This is how Ex-Doe attacked Reggie Rockstone on ‘Maba’ in 1999.
//Rasta wonti reggae wose wo y3 rapper// (Rasta can’t speak reggae; you say you are a rapper)
//Me die menim se wo ye dancer// (I know you are a dancer).
He went on to tout the grandpapa in his second rap.
//Wose wo fre woho President wonsoa won te wo resident wanhwe a mede wo beto internet ma obiaa ate wonka. (You call yourself President; you don’t live in a residence…)
Ex-Doe didn’t stop there; he extended the attack to his former group partner, Chicago.
Perhaps acting as their father and as a sign of maturity, Reggie ignored him but Chicago made sure Ex-Doe got his share of the diss.
He sampled the ‘Maba’ beat to pay him back in his own coin with ‘Wobeko’. It was interesting to see the battle of words on several platforms. In the song, Chicago made public some of Ex-Doe’s concealed secrets.
After several years, Ex-Doe has spoken to Hitz FM and explained his attack. He said the grand papa’s line was “loose talk in Hip-Hop”, which needed to be responded to.
Reggie reacted to this interview by tweeting humorously on Twitter to ask if Ex-Doe’s comment was a bait for him to respond to gain publicity especially when his career has dwindled.
At the launch of ‘Back in the Day’ concert to bring back the old Hip Life artistes who started genre, the two graced the event and were seen exchanging pleasantries. At least after many years, everything has been laid to rest “let’s move on brother”.
Listen to Reggie Rockstone’s ‘Plan Ben’
Listen to Ex-Doe’s ‘Maba’
Listen to Chicago’s ‘Wobeko’
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- OMG: Cannes Film Festival Falls For The Fake Psy Of Gangnam Syyle Fame
- PHOTOS From Miss Ghana 2012 1st Runner-Up Nadia Ntanu’s India Visit
- Wizkid Promises An Exciting Performance At ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ On June 29
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: Beauty Isn't Just Skin Deep? Scientists Say Pretty Women Tend To Be 'Less Stressed And More Fertile'
- FOR THE LADIES: Submerging Your Face In CUCUMBER Water Every Day Is Kate Moss’ Beauty Secret…Are Your Read To Do That?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?