It is only those submerged in ignorance who sturdily equates a person’s beliefs, character and his whole existence to his appearance.
As easy as it is for a person’s ‘crazy’ body inks to fight against his own progress in today’s society, Michael Bobby Obodo has risen above such stereotyping structures to become a strong voice in the new robust front of social and political activism in Nigeria and other parts of the continent.
Who is Michael Bobby Obodo?
Michael Bobby Obodo popularly known as “Bobby” is the Founder and CEO of Nigerian Youths for Change and the Canada based strong youth community-ALL IN.
He is a political and social activist with strong root and understanding of democratic governance. For Bobby, despite the existence of several political and social governance systems, the tried, tested and approved system is that which respects the rule of law, abides by the principles of equality, separation of powers, free speech, accountability, free and fair elections and enables individuals to enjoy their dignity as human-DEMOCRACY!
Bobby’s strong belief in free speech has put him in front of deadly battles as a fighter against injustice and corruption.
As a political and social activist, Bobby has organized and led peaceful protests geared towards achieving freedom, accountability and justice for the masses.
He was one of the forward runners of the recent popular ‘Occupy Nigeria’ protest against the exorbitant fuel increment in Nigeria.
Through social media platforms such as Youtube, Twitter and Facebook, Bobby has educated and spoke about the various social inequalities existing in Africa, making him exceptionally popular among today’s African youth. No wonder many call him the ‘young celebrity activist’.
Bobby’s political commentary, analysis and write-ups have been featured on countless political platforms in Africa and Canada.
Before travelling to Canada (York University) to study Political Science, he was a student at University of Benin in Nigeria.
Bobby is remarkably passionate about projecting anything African that positively affects the continent, its citizenry and policies.
In spite of Bobby’s political and social ‘correctness’, he bears countless tattoos which have attracted unnecessary attention, sometimes even more than his great works. Many have questioned his ‘state of mind’, advocacy and ‘righteousness’ in governance simply because of his inks.
On several platforms, he has answered his accusers by saying ‘his tattoos are his way of showing society how contrived and judgmental we are’. It seems Bobby’s body is his permanent and trusted board where he writes down the principles he strongly believes in…
As established above, his tattoos are phrases from his articles. He’s mentioned that the ‘tattoos serve as untainted reminder of his beliefs, fight and struggle for his people and Africa’.
In his effort to reach many people with his social and political messages and be able obtain the needed platforms; he dedicates his spare time to acting.
Even as a ‘new’ Actor, he has starred alongside some of the big names of African cinema-Genevieve Nnaji , Ini Edo, Monalisa Chinda, Ramsey Nouah, Desmond Elliot , Uti Nwachuckwu, Lydia Forson, Uche Jombo and Van Vicker. He has been featured in movies like Weekend Getaway, Mrs. Somebody, The Volunteers, Reflections, Kamara’s Tree, etc.
Anytime you ask Bobby whether his interest lies in Acting, Social or Political governance, he replies by saying ‘my interest lies in achieving equality, fairness, development and happiness for Africans using every available means and talent I am blessed with’.
Michael Bobby Obodo On Niger Delta Oil Spill
Michael Bobby Obodo Speaking At NYFC Chicago
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Blogging Is The New BIG Thing, A New Way To Make REAL Money Online-Start Your Own Blog Today For FREE
- BG: It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- And The Winner Is...Miss Universe 2013 Seems Like A BIG JOKE
- HEALTH & LIFESTYLE: Is What You Are Eating, Eating You?
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Entertainment & Fashion INTERNS Wanted!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?