It is only those submerged in ignorance who sturdily equates a person’s beliefs, character and his whole existence to his appearance.
As easy as it is for a person’s ‘crazy’ body inks to fight against his own progress in today’s society, Michael Bobby Obodo has risen above such stereotyping structures to become a strong voice in the new robust front of social and political activism in Nigeria and other parts of the continent.
Who is Michael Bobby Obodo?
Michael Bobby Obodo popularly known as “Bobby” is the Founder and CEO of Nigerian Youths for Change and the Canada based strong youth community-ALL IN.
He is a political and social activist with strong root and understanding of democratic governance. For Bobby, despite the existence of several political and social governance systems, the tried, tested and approved system is that which respects the rule of law, abides by the principles of equality, separation of powers, free speech, accountability, free and fair elections and enables individuals to enjoy their dignity as human-DEMOCRACY!
Bobby’s strong belief in free speech has put him in front of deadly battles as a fighter against injustice and corruption.
As a political and social activist, Bobby has organized and led peaceful protests geared towards achieving freedom, accountability and justice for the masses.
He was one of the forward runners of the recent popular ‘Occupy Nigeria’ protest against the exorbitant fuel increment in Nigeria.
Through social media platforms such as Youtube, Twitter and Facebook, Bobby has educated and spoke about the various social inequalities existing in Africa, making him exceptionally popular among today’s African youth. No wonder many call him the ‘young celebrity activist’.
Bobby’s political commentary, analysis and write-ups have been featured on countless political platforms in Africa and Canada.
Before travelling to Canada (York University) to study Political Science, he was a student at University of Benin in Nigeria.
Bobby is remarkably passionate about projecting anything African that positively affects the continent, its citizenry and policies.
In spite of Bobby’s political and social ‘correctness’, he bears countless tattoos which have attracted unnecessary attention, sometimes even more than his great works. Many have questioned his ‘state of mind’, advocacy and ‘righteousness’ in governance simply because of his inks.
On several platforms, he has answered his accusers by saying ‘his tattoos are his way of showing society how contrived and judgmental we are’. It seems Bobby’s body is his permanent and trusted board where he writes down the principles he strongly believes in…
As established above, his tattoos are phrases from his articles. He’s mentioned that the ‘tattoos serve as untainted reminder of his beliefs, fight and struggle for his people and Africa’.
In his effort to reach many people with his social and political messages and be able obtain the needed platforms; he dedicates his spare time to acting.
Even as a ‘new’ Actor, he has starred alongside some of the big names of African cinema-Genevieve Nnaji , Ini Edo, Monalisa Chinda, Ramsey Nouah, Desmond Elliot , Uti Nwachuckwu, Lydia Forson, Uche Jombo and Van Vicker. He has been featured in movies like Weekend Getaway, Mrs. Somebody, The Volunteers, Reflections, Kamara’s Tree, etc.
Anytime you ask Bobby whether his interest lies in Acting, Social or Political governance, he replies by saying ‘my interest lies in achieving equality, fairness, development and happiness for Africans using every available means and talent I am blessed with’.
Michael Bobby Obodo On Niger Delta Oil Spill
Michael Bobby Obodo Speaking At NYFC Chicago
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- BG: Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Ahead Of 2013 Ghana Movie Awards, Your Favourite Movie Stars Pose With The GMA’s Expensive Statuette
- Wife of Footballer-Samuel Inkoom Shares Intimate Photos On Instagram | Some Say It Is An Attempt To Let The Girls Chasing Her Husband Know-He LOVES Her
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: READ President Obama's Touching Speech
- FOKN Bois Returns With Coz Ov Moni Part 2 | Watch The Trailer Below + The Whole Of Part 1
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know