Ghana’s former President His Excellency John Agyekum Kuffour’s second son has also added his voice to the fact that, the country’s movie industry has the potential of being lucrative, if the needed investment and support are shifted to the direction and benefit of the industry.
Speaking to journalists after screening of the latest Ghanaian movie ‘Wrong Target’ to the media, Mr. Agyekum Kuffour said it is only when people show interest and offer their support to the growing industry that, it has a potential of being lucrative.
Describing the industry as ‘growing’ and doing well lately, he said he hopes to bring attention to the industry especially as a son of the former Head of State.
“I can’t stop being a child of a politician. I didn’t choose that. I was born into the family and it’s been a blessing. So if my presence here with that background [as the son of the former president] will help the industry, then so be it”, he said confidently.
Mr. Edward Agyekum Kuffour who appears to have developed a sudden knack for movies said the current crop of actors and crew memebers in the industry are doing marvelous.
Having shot couple of movies which are yet to be released on the market, he recollected how his journey to the movie industry all began and how he got a cameo role in the movie ‘Wrong Target’.
He said as a new actor, he was also auditioned before being handed the role to play as a friend and old school mate of John Dumelo.
He said he has a relationship with the scriptwriter, so after showing interest, he was invited to be auditioned.
For a son of the former president who ruled his [Ghana] country well for two terms of eight years and a second son for that matter, issues relating to movies would possibly be the last thing people will think he will pay attention to.
But Agyekum Kuffour who bears resemblance to his Dad said, being the son of a president doesn’t necessary mean, one has to follow the dreams of his father.
According to him, at this point of his life, he wants to do whatever he enjoys doing, which for now are movies.
Young Agyekum Kuffour as a child at Christ The King International School to Achimota Secondary School (Class of 1985), involved himself with stage acting, singing, poetry recitals and choreography which has seen him grow to a full fledge man to love the art.
‘Wrong Target’ features Yvonne Nelson, John Dumelo, Crystabel Ekeh a couple of new faces. It was directed by Samuel Owusu Asare for Blue Ray Pictures.
It premieres on Friday, September 7, 2012 at the Silver Bird Cinemas, Accra Mall.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS: Banky W, Wizkid, Bola Ray, Samini, StoneBwoy, R2Bees, Jupita, Ekow Smith Asante & Others At Pre-Vodafone Ghana Music Awards party At Excel Lounge!
- Ghana Music Awards 2013: Winner Of ‘Artistes of the Year’ To Get A New Car
- If R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ Then Charter House May Redefine That Category + My Predictions For The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2013
- VIDEO: E.L Talks About What He Meant When He Said He Is No Longer Doing Any Collaborations With Ghanaian Rappers
- Mario Balotelli Says He Will Follow Kevin-Prince Boateng's Footsteps & Walk Off Pitch Next Time He's Racially Abused
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?