Ghana’s former President His Excellency John Agyekum Kuffour’s second son has also added his voice to the fact that, the country’s movie industry has the potential of being lucrative, if the needed investment and support are shifted to the direction and benefit of the industry.
Speaking to journalists after screening of the latest Ghanaian movie ‘Wrong Target’ to the media, Mr. Agyekum Kuffour said it is only when people show interest and offer their support to the growing industry that, it has a potential of being lucrative.
Describing the industry as ‘growing’ and doing well lately, he said he hopes to bring attention to the industry especially as a son of the former Head of State.
“I can’t stop being a child of a politician. I didn’t choose that. I was born into the family and it’s been a blessing. So if my presence here with that background [as the son of the former president] will help the industry, then so be it”, he said confidently.
Mr. Edward Agyekum Kuffour who appears to have developed a sudden knack for movies said the current crop of actors and crew memebers in the industry are doing marvelous.
Having shot couple of movies which are yet to be released on the market, he recollected how his journey to the movie industry all began and how he got a cameo role in the movie ‘Wrong Target’.
He said as a new actor, he was also auditioned before being handed the role to play as a friend and old school mate of John Dumelo.
He said he has a relationship with the scriptwriter, so after showing interest, he was invited to be auditioned.
For a son of the former president who ruled his [Ghana] country well for two terms of eight years and a second son for that matter, issues relating to movies would possibly be the last thing people will think he will pay attention to.
But Agyekum Kuffour who bears resemblance to his Dad said, being the son of a president doesn’t necessary mean, one has to follow the dreams of his father.
According to him, at this point of his life, he wants to do whatever he enjoys doing, which for now are movies.
Young Agyekum Kuffour as a child at Christ The King International School to Achimota Secondary School (Class of 1985), involved himself with stage acting, singing, poetry recitals and choreography which has seen him grow to a full fledge man to love the art.
‘Wrong Target’ features Yvonne Nelson, John Dumelo, Crystabel Ekeh a couple of new faces. It was directed by Samuel Owusu Asare for Blue Ray Pictures.
It premieres on Friday, September 7, 2012 at the Silver Bird Cinemas, Accra Mall.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
- Sonnie Badu DENIES Ever Saying ‘Ghanaian Gospel Musicians Sing Nonsense’ As Reported By A Newspaper But The Editor Says Sonnie Badu Is A LIAR
- 2013 Ghana Movie Awards Launched | Nominees List Out December 14
- Miss Ghana 2013 Giuseppina Baafi Inspires Students Of Her Alma Mater
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: More Money WON’T Do Any Good To Your Relationship | Couple Break Up Because They Can’t Agree On What To Do With Their Over £100 Million Lottery Win
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening