If you think there aint cute successful men of Ghanaian descent out there in Hollywood living LIFE, then you must have not heard of the likes of Boris Kodjoe and ldris Elba.
Before I move on to why this piece, I would like to point out that, Boris Kodjoe (Boris Frederic Cecil Tay-Natey Ofuatey-Kodjo) is the son of Ursula, a German psychologist and Eric Kodjoe, a Ghanaian physician…
Boris Kodjoe and his wife Nicole Ari-Parker (they have been together for 7 years) have recently been featured in ‘Rolling Out’ magazine. As great couple, they have shared certain valuable information on how to make love work…
This is something we can all tap into…
On the easiest and hardest part of parenting and marriage
Nicole: Being a parent is the hardest job ever in life. Raising children uses every bit of your being — your heart, your time, your patience, your foresight, your intuition to protect them, and you have to use all of this while trying to figure out how to discipline them. It takes its toll on a marriage as well.
The time that should be spent with each other after the kids have gone to bed is usually spent face down, in your clothes, on the sofa with the remote control in your hand. It’s exhausting … but we’ve been married for seven years, and I think that the greatest challenge but also the greatest gift, is understanding that I’m way more capable than what I think I am. You have to work hard not to take your partner for granted, even when you are tired.
We have a special needs child, so we also have to get up in the middle of the night and check on her. So, I’ve been pushed to the limits that I thought I had, and I’ve gone beyond those … that’s been the greatest gift throughout this journey with my husband.
Boris: As far as our marriage goes, again it’s all about priorities. We make sure that we put in some sexy time, and we go out on date nights and spend quality time together, because we were here first. Everything else is a reflection of that. If she and I are good, then everything else is good. So it’s very important that we put in the time to cherish each other.
Boris On How He knew Nicole was the one
We had instant chemistry, and right away there was an attraction, but it was more on a spiritual level. I knew right away that she was going to be in my life forever. I didn’t know in what capacity, but I just felt that.
That just happens when you meet a person that is on the same wavelength. We saw eye-to-eye on so many things. She was open minded, well traveled, and had a great sense of humor — which are all very important to me. The fact that she became my wife was definitely a bonus. It worked because we were friends and liked each other as people first, which is very important in a relationship. You can fall in and out of love, but if you like each other as people, then I think that’s a great foundation to grow a relationship, and we had that, so I’m very lucky.
Nicole, finish the sentence: ‘My husband makes me feel beautiful when…’
Nicole: When he looks me right in the eye.
Boris, ‘My wife makes me feel like the king of the world when…’
Boris: My wife makes me feel like the king of the world when after a long day of working she tells me to put my feet up and cooks an amazing meal for me.
“I’m a better person today than I was before marriage because…”
Boris: I’m a better person today than I was before marriage because my wife makes me a better man.
Nicole: I’m a better person today than I was before marriage because I get to care about one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- WEEKLY DISCUSSION: To Snap A Nekkid Picture Or Not To Snap?.....How Far Would You Go For Your Partner?
- PHOTOS: ‘Naughty By Nature’ In Ghana, Everything Is Set For Tonight’s ‘Back in the Day’ Concert
- BEHIND THE SCENES: The Making Of Shirley Frimpong Manso’s New Feature Film-POTOMANTO
- More Like A TIME TRAVEL Experience | 'Alewa' And 'Poki' To Be Served At Tomorrow's 'Back in The Day' MEGA Concert!
- New Music Video: 'Womp3' By 5Five
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening