Few weeks ago, I read an article online about the sad story of Tia Mowry (The Game Fame) who posted a memo that no mother should ever have to.
Apparently, she posted a picture of her baby son, Cree on one of the social media websites and some crazy people decided to do some damage to her son. They insulted the innocent kid here and there. Who does that?
In her memo Mrs. “Mowry” told her “ friends” , followers and fans to leave her son alone.
The truth is, celebrities willingly step into the limelight, exposing themselves to all sort of criticism. But their kids don’t ask for these criticisms. That means all the vicious talk about celebrity offsprings like Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s baby Blue, who was the subject of vile commentary when her 6-month-old face was recently revealed, is a no go area.
I’ve read and heard horrible and completely inappropriate comments( and I am certainly sure Ghanaian celebrities have too) about so many of these celebrity children, judging their facial features, weight and/or hair texture.
And there’s no way around it: It’s just wrong, wrong, wrong. The same rule applies even for the kids whose parents have allowed them to step forward, like Willow Smith. Willow’s varying hair colors, length and textures, her not-so-real tongue ring, and her unique (but age appropriate) attire has inspired all manner of harsh criticisms-some people have gone so far to question her sexual orientation.
Now, I need us to evoke what is called the “Apollo Kids Rule.” May be my American friends can explain it better. You don’t boo the babies!
Grown folks can get all the bashing. But the kids? It doesn’t matter if they are goofy looking, cranky looking or strange looking. No matter what it is, if you can’t say something nice then just don’t say nothing at all . That’s about what I need more people to do for our celebrity kids.
So ,there it is, I am sure our Ghanaian celebrities know this and would rather keep all the negativity and antagonizing remarks away from their children. Maybe some won’t mind all the attention though…
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS From Launch Of ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ Feat. Wizkid, Bola Ray, Edem, Okyeame Kwame, EL, John Dumelo, Juliet Ibrahim & Others
- Award-Winning Investigate Journalist-Anas Aremeyaw Anas Warns John Dumelo & Promises To Expose His ‘Dirty Lifestyle’ + What We Know About The Australian Money Issue
- The Much Talked About Movie-CHEATERS Starring Jackie Appiah, Adjetey Anang & Others Premieres Tomorrow-24 May!
- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: The Moment Captain Planet Of 4x4 Fame & Fred Nuamah Met Top British Actor-Clive Owen
- *UPDATED* MORE RED CARPET PHOTOS: Zoe Saldana, Clive Owen, Takao Osawa, Nanako Matsushima, Tatsuya Fujiwara, Rasaroi Dawson, Fred Nuamah, Captain Planet & Others At 66 Cannes Film Festival
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- I Never Said Jay-Z Was A ‘Tranny Chaser’ Says Foxy Brown
- New Music: ‘I’m Out ‘ By Ciara ft. Nicki Minaj
- PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj Spotted In NY Looking Miserable
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?