Few weeks ago, I read an article online about the sad story of Tia Mowry (The Game Fame) who posted a memo that no mother should ever have to.
Apparently, she posted a picture of her baby son, Cree on one of the social media websites and some crazy people decided to do some damage to her son. They insulted the innocent kid here and there. Who does that?
In her memo Mrs. “Mowry” told her “ friends” , followers and fans to leave her son alone.
The truth is, celebrities willingly step into the limelight, exposing themselves to all sort of criticism. But their kids don’t ask for these criticisms. That means all the vicious talk about celebrity offsprings like Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s baby Blue, who was the subject of vile commentary when her 6-month-old face was recently revealed, is a no go area.
I’ve read and heard horrible and completely inappropriate comments( and I am certainly sure Ghanaian celebrities have too) about so many of these celebrity children, judging their facial features, weight and/or hair texture.
And there’s no way around it: It’s just wrong, wrong, wrong. The same rule applies even for the kids whose parents have allowed them to step forward, like Willow Smith. Willow’s varying hair colors, length and textures, her not-so-real tongue ring, and her unique (but age appropriate) attire has inspired all manner of harsh criticisms-some people have gone so far to question her sexual orientation.
Now, I need us to evoke what is called the “Apollo Kids Rule.” May be my American friends can explain it better. You don’t boo the babies!
Grown folks can get all the bashing. But the kids? It doesn’t matter if they are goofy looking, cranky looking or strange looking. No matter what it is, if you can’t say something nice then just don’t say nothing at all . That’s about what I need more people to do for our celebrity kids.
So ,there it is, I am sure our Ghanaian celebrities know this and would rather keep all the negativity and antagonizing remarks away from their children. Maybe some won’t mind all the attention though…
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- FOKN Bois Returns With Coz Ov Moni Part 2 | Watch The Trailer Below + The Whole Of Part 1
- PHOTOS From The 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCAs) Nominations Ceremony | Feat. Yvonne Okoro, Majid Michel, Sandra Ankobiah, Joselyn Dumas, Karen Igho & Others…
- THE BIG QUESTION: Would You Give Your Man A ‘HALL PASS’?
- DID SHE REALLY SAY THAT? Juliet Ibrahim Says She 'Receives More Favours Because Of Her Fair Complexion' | No Wonder Yvonne Nelson & Others Are Bleaching Their Lives Away
- If You Are Looking For A ‘Good Girl’, Stay Away From The Social Media JUNKIES
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know