Following earlier speculation between Fenerbahce, Arsenal and other non popular choices concerning which team would be signing Michael Essien, his fate has finally been sealed with a move to Real Madrid.
Chelsea Football Club decided to calm the increasingly heated arguments about his move yesterday and announced that Michael Essien is joining Real Madrid on a season-long loan.
Michael Essien until his recent injuries has been a big fan favourite and a central member of the Chelsea Football club, attracting many African and other supporters to the team. In six seasons in west London, he impressed by winning two Premier League titles, four FA Cups and one Champions League winners’ medal.
Essien has worked hard during his time with Chelsea and also been a key player in helping them win many titles. The Blues will definitely be missing this man as he leaves with an impressive history.
Michael Essien first scored for Chelsea in a 2-1 win against Tottenham which also won the Goal of the Season for his incredible long-range strike against Arsenal a year later.
Essien made 247 appearances for Chelsea and scored 25 goals in total. Impressive?
29-year-old Essien, joined the club in 2005 from Lyon. He is moving to the Bernabeu where he will meet with Jose Mourinho-former Chelsea manager and a key player in Essien’s football career as he influenced Essien’s move to Stanford Bridge…Perhaps he influenced this Real Madrid move too
We at GhanaCelebrities.Com wish Essien best of luck in his new environment.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- A Ghana Man's Experience of Living in South Korea | The First Time I Spoke & Smoke Came Out of My Mouth
- CELEB STYLE: What to Wear to CHURCH Inspired By Actress-Martha Ankomah
- HAPPY COUPLE: Godson Yaw Boakye Rekindles Love With WIFE | They Go on A Holiday Together While Afia Schwarzenegger Continues to CRY Blood…
- The Moral Maze: Is It Better To Be Honest And Poor Or Dishonest And Rich?
- The 8 Solid Reasons Why Ghana is in A SH*T Hole Today…