September 1: Illiterate Assembly Members Complain Of English As Medium Of Discussions
Assembly members who cannot speak the English Language which is the main medium of communication during District Assembly sittings have complained about their plight. Assembly women and Unit Committee Members drawn from the Bolgatanga Municipality, Talensi-Nabdam, Bawku Municipal and Bawku West Districts expressed the worry during a validation workshop organized by the Centre for Sustainable Development (CENSUDI) in Bolgatanga.
August 31: NPP To Boycott Sitting On 45 New Constituencies
The opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP) says it is considering boycotting Parliamentary proceedings concerning the creation of the 45 new constituencies. The House returns from a brief recess on 3rd September towards ensuring the 21 days need for the Constitutional Instrument covering the new constituencies to mature is fulfilled.
August 31: NDP Launches Campaign Next Month
Newly formed political party, the National Democratic Party (NDP) is set to launch its campaign for the 2012 elections next month. This was disclosed by the Interim Chairman of the party, Dr. Josiah Aryeh who indicated that they would reveal the names of the big wigs who are solidly behind them at the launch.
August 30: White Dove Settles On Prez Mahama At NDC Congress
The sudden appearance of a white dove which settled for a while on the shoulders of the President during the Special Delegate’s Congress in Kumasi has been given different interpretations by some keen observers.
Whiles some said the dove which settled on the right shoulder of President John Dramani Mahama, during the event of the National Democratic Congress at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium in Kumasi, was a good omen which foretold a resounding victory for the party in the upcoming December Elections, others said the dove which flew in from nowhere and perched on the President and was later seen ambling about in front of the dais where the leadership was seated, was a mere superstition which held no special significance.
August 30 :NDC Zongo Caucus Endorses President Mahama Candidature
The National Executive of the Zongo Caucus of the Ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC) has endorsed the Candidature of President John Dramani Mahama to lead the Party.
A statement signed by the National Coordinator, Alhaji Yussif Captain copied to the Ghana News Agency in Accra on Wednesday said: “We the Zongo Caucus in the NDC have endorsed President Mahama in advance before the congress in Kumasi.”
August 29: 95% Voter Turnout Expected On Election Day
The National Commission for Civic Education (NCCE) has predicted a higher voter turnout for Election 2012 and called on all stakeholders to marshal the necessary operational requirements to manage the high inflow of electorates on Election Day.
NCCE survey made available to the Ghana News Agency in Accra on the Presidential Election envisage higher voter turnout of 94.9% against 2.2% who have decided not vote whilst about 2.8% are undecided. The survey predicted 95% male and 94.9% female turnout.
August 29: NPP Formally Launches Manifesto
The formal launch of the 2012 Manifesto of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) is currently on-going at the Accra International Conference Centre. Described by party leaders as the most audacious policy document ever by a political entity in the country, the manifesto was adopted by delegates at a special conference last weekend.
It promises to transform various sectors of the economy, embark on industrialization agenda, provide free secondary education and create more jobs.
August 28: Cedi Makes Marginal Gains Against Dollar
Government is hopeful the Cedi will make some marginal gain against the US Dollar before the end of the year. So far, the local currency has depreciated by some 20 percent to the dollar since the beginning of the year. But in the past two weeks, the Cedi has made some marginal appreciation against the US Dollar on both the interbank and forex markets.
August 31: Liquified Petroleum Gas Shortage Hits Accra
A shortage of liquefied petroleum gas has hit some parts of Accra for weeks now, with many gas stations putting up signs reading, “No Gas”. Long queues of vehicles as well as domestic petroleum gas users had become a common sight at the gas stations where there is gas for customers.
August 31: King Faisal Seal Premier League Promotion
King Faisal have made a swift return to the Premier League after winning the replay of their play-off clash with Sekondi Hasaacas 2-0 on Friday.
It was honours even at the Tema Stadium on Wednesday in the final Zone II fixture in the Division One League promotion campaign as both sides drew 0-0 to finish 7 points apiece after three rounds of matches.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS: Banky W, Wizkid, Bola Ray, Samini, StoneBwoy, R2Bees, Jupita, Ekow Smith Asante & Others At Pre-Vodafone Ghana Music Awards party At Excel Lounge!
- Ghana Music Awards 2013: Winner Of ‘Artistes of the Year’ To Get A New Car
- If R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ Then Charter House May Redefine That Category + My Predictions For The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2013
- VIDEO: E.L Talks About What He Meant When He Said He Is No Longer Doing Any Collaborations With Ghanaian Rappers
- Mario Balotelli Says He Will Follow Kevin-Prince Boateng's Footsteps & Walk Off Pitch Next Time He's Racially Abused
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?