I am not going to go into how I feel about the countless Awards being organized to reward mediocrity and make the pockets of certain individuals full.
But I am still trying to figure out why these organizers outside ( and I am also referring to organizers in Ghana as well) choose to rubbish our Ghanaian entertainers all the time by failing to inform them of their nominations. And why do our Ghanaian celebrities also allow themselves be treated like this?
Forgive me for my language but that is exactly how I feel whenever I hear that another Ghanaian actor or actress was not informed about one award or another, let alone been given the opportunity to grace their so called star-studded events.
Maybe some of these celebrities need these accolades badly and would rather shut their mouths and let this sort of thing go on. Why can’t these African awarding bodies learn from their international counterparts and afford these celebrities some respect by informing them about their nominations?
At least that would even afford the celebrities the courtesy to make the decision to grace the award ceremony or not. If I were an actor, thank God I am not I will tell it in their faces to shove their awards in the rears.(Bleep!). Okay, rewind maybe not in that rude way because I know some journalists would certainly have a field day with that one.LOL!
See, I always say that actors and actresses do not owe it to any of these organizers and awarding bodies. If you are good, you are good and it will show in your works or performances.
It is time these organizers get their acts right or someday somehow some celebrities would choose not to show up at your supposed star-studded events and oh what a day that would be. Maybe your awards would be awarded to the chairs and bleachers at the venue.
Basic courtesy; officially inform people when you nominate them for a prize or an award! Is that too hard to do?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Watch Shirley Frimpong Manso’s New Drama Series ‘V-REPUBLIC’ Now | Episode 1 & 2 For FREE
- Celebrity Instagram & Twit Photos of the Week: Jackie Appiah, Joselyn Dumas, Nikki Samonas, Christabel Ekeh, Menaye Donkor, Ama K Abebrse & Others
- With Less than 24 Hours to the Release of Shirley Frimpong Manso's New Drama Series ‘V-REPUBLIC’, Check Out the Snippet & Never Seen Photos
- When a ‘Misogynist’ Leads a Credulous Congregation | The Case of Archbishop Duncan Williams
- Ghanaian Actor-John Dumelo Hits 2 Million Fans Mark on Facebook | What’s NEXT?