The late 90’s in hiplife would have never been the same without the irrefutable contribution of one man and his producer.
When the upcoming rapper – yearning for recognition- met the amateur beat-maker – who made music only as a hobby- in the early 90’s through a mutual acquaintance, in Hammer’s own words, “we clicked”.
Together they came into the business and took it over with one putting out endless bars of poignant Twi rhymes filled with punch line precision spewing kitchen – sink realities against a background of hiphop bass and synths that got our heads bumping and mind working.
To most industry pundits, the album that materialized from the combination of this dynamic duo spanned the best LP of the hiplife music genre.
Aptly titled “Pae Mu Ka”, the album, Obrafuor’s debut, was an acclaimed success and a breadth of fresh air on the music scene. One of the songs, ‘Kwame Nkrumah’ paid a resounding tribute to Osagyefo and encouraged Ghanaians to unite and work for the best of the country. ‘Pae mu ka’ covered various aspects of entertainment of society with songs like the title track, ‘Yaanom (announcing his presence), ‘Aden’ (talked about life’s struggles), ‘Agoro no aso’ (party song), and ‘Kokonsa’ (gossip). The album enjoyed a lot of airplay that to this day, the “intro and outro” tracks are still played during radio programmes.
Years later, the dynamic duo of the thriving rapper and the “reluctant” genius of a beat-maker return to take the stage once again for one night only as together, they re-live the “Pae Mu Ka” album experience in a performance that is set to create fireworks on the night of 21st September, 2012 inside the DOME of the Accra International Conference centre.
At the press launch of the “BACK IN THE DAY” Concert, Hammer, revealed that he may be performing a live beat making set on stage and it is expected that he may be doing the parts of the “Pae Mu Ka” album live as well in what indeed promises to be an experience to relish on the night which also happens to be Kwame Nkrumah’s birthday.
Other legends of the 90’s music era set to rock on the 21st September, which also happens to be Dr. Kwame Nkrumah’s birthday, will include VIP, BUK BAK, TicTac, TH4Kwages, Keteke, Kontihene, Ex-Doe, Chicago and a host of others.
Meanwhile tickets for the concert are set to be released soon and will be selling at GHC50 regular and GHC100 for VIP seating.
The BACK IN THE DAY Concert is powered by Empire Entertainment and Media GH with support from www.ghanaweb.com, www.ghanacelebrities.com, www.ghanamusic.com, Rainbow radio, YFM, Weekend Finder, Graphic Showbiz, 4Syte TV, JOY FM, Hitz Fm, OK Fm and Peace Fm.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Michael Adebolajo, The British-Muslim Convert Of Nigerian Origin Who Attempted To Behead And Disembowel A Young Soldier Was Inspired By Cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed
- Videos: Watch Yvonne Nelson’s Top 10 Music Videos
- Court Orders Confidence Haugen To Stop Using ‘STOLEN’ Logo
- OMG: Cannes Film Festival Falls For The Fake Psy Of Gangnam Syyle Fame
- PHOTOS From Miss Ghana 2012 1st Runner-Up Nadia Ntanu’s India Visit
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- I Never Said Jay-Z Was A ‘Tranny Chaser’ Says Foxy Brown
- New Music: ‘I’m Out ‘ By Ciara ft. Nicki Minaj
- PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj Spotted In NY Looking Miserable
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?