The late 90’s in hiplife would have never been the same without the irrefutable contribution of one man and his producer.
When the upcoming rapper – yearning for recognition- met the amateur beat-maker – who made music only as a hobby- in the early 90’s through a mutual acquaintance, in Hammer’s own words, “we clicked”.
Together they came into the business and took it over with one putting out endless bars of poignant Twi rhymes filled with punch line precision spewing kitchen – sink realities against a background of hiphop bass and synths that got our heads bumping and mind working.
To most industry pundits, the album that materialized from the combination of this dynamic duo spanned the best LP of the hiplife music genre.
Aptly titled “Pae Mu Ka”, the album, Obrafuor’s debut, was an acclaimed success and a breadth of fresh air on the music scene. One of the songs, ‘Kwame Nkrumah’ paid a resounding tribute to Osagyefo and encouraged Ghanaians to unite and work for the best of the country. ‘Pae mu ka’ covered various aspects of entertainment of society with songs like the title track, ‘Yaanom (announcing his presence), ‘Aden’ (talked about life’s struggles), ‘Agoro no aso’ (party song), and ‘Kokonsa’ (gossip). The album enjoyed a lot of airplay that to this day, the “intro and outro” tracks are still played during radio programmes.
Years later, the dynamic duo of the thriving rapper and the “reluctant” genius of a beat-maker return to take the stage once again for one night only as together, they re-live the “Pae Mu Ka” album experience in a performance that is set to create fireworks on the night of 21st September, 2012 inside the DOME of the Accra International Conference centre.
At the press launch of the “BACK IN THE DAY” Concert, Hammer, revealed that he may be performing a live beat making set on stage and it is expected that he may be doing the parts of the “Pae Mu Ka” album live as well in what indeed promises to be an experience to relish on the night which also happens to be Kwame Nkrumah’s birthday.
Other legends of the 90’s music era set to rock on the 21st September, which also happens to be Dr. Kwame Nkrumah’s birthday, will include VIP, BUK BAK, TicTac, TH4Kwages, Keteke, Kontihene, Ex-Doe, Chicago and a host of others.
Meanwhile tickets for the concert are set to be released soon and will be selling at GHC50 regular and GHC100 for VIP seating.
The BACK IN THE DAY Concert is powered by Empire Entertainment and Media GH with support from www.ghanaweb.com, www.ghanacelebrities.com, www.ghanamusic.com, Rainbow radio, YFM, Weekend Finder, Graphic Showbiz, 4Syte TV, JOY FM, Hitz Fm, OK Fm and Peace Fm.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEHERE IN THE WORLD: Kenyan Senator Caught Photoshopping Nelson Mandela Tribute Picture
- PHOTOS: Nadia Buari, Jim Iyke & Others At The Press Screening ‘The Diary of Imogen Brown’ In Accra
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Oprah Winfrey Says She Has No Regrets About Not Having Kids
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date