Ghanaian fashion designer,Ozwald Boateng on thursday (6th Sept, 2012) took over the New York Fashion Week also dubbed Arise Fashion Icon Collective, and surprised the entire audience by taking African Fashion to a whole new level with his wax print tailored blazers on the runway.
The designer presented an array of sharp tailored suit ranging from some bright colored, others subtle and more work-wear worthy.
He also incorporated some ingenuity by introducing the audience to tribal-printed hemmed pockets as well as sharply tailored wax print blazers underlain with collarless satin dress shirts [colour-blocked].
The other half of his collection focused more on casuals; white short-sleeved shirts with wax print panelling, bibs and collars, there were also a number of shorts in sight both print and not.
The celebrated designer was not the only participant that day but he also shared the spot with five other African designers like Tiffany Amber, Maki Oh , Tsemaye Binitie and Gavin Raja.
What can we say than…Keep taking Ghanaian and African Fashion to the top Ozwald!
Check out his designs below…What do you think?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- If You Do Not Fight For Change, The Status Quo Remains: BET Awards And The Discrimination Against African Artists
- Reason Why Sarkodie & Stonebwoy Performed In Front Of Just 27 People At The BET Experience Revealed
- Sarkodie & John Dumelo Are About to Be KILLED | Prophet Says GOD Is Angry & He Is Going To Seriously Knock Them Out
- PHOTO: Juliet Ibrahim Wears 3D Eyebrows | What The Hell Is That Even?
- My Thoughts On Shatta Wale’s Sale Of His Ghana Music Award Plaques For 2 Cedis | There Is NOTHING Inherently WRONG With This...