The Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications, GIFEC, has handed over forty five computer units to the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) at a short presentation ceremony in Accra on Friday 7th September 2012.
The ceremony was attended by some of the Executives of the Union, namely Rex Omar, Bessa Simons, Rev. Fiifi Khan, Ahuma Bosco and Tic Tac as well as the immediate past President, Mrs. Diana Hopeson.
In a brief meeting before the presentation, Honorable Kofi Attor, the Administrator and CEO of GIFEC mentioned that music and musicians have huge potential and his company is proud to support the Union in the area of ICT. Aside the computers, he also mentioned the addition of a coloured printer, a scanner and a projector. He went on to add that the items are for MUSIGA offices throughout the country.
A breakdown of the items is as follows: fifteen of the computers will be used to furnish the MUSIGA Resource Center at the National Head Office. The remaining offices throughout the country will get two computers each. The National Head Office will get the remaining items to facilitate in the work of the Union.
Already, the company has installed two air-conditioner units at the Resource Center. They will also be in charge of the installations of all the computers. The fully furnished Resource Center will be launched later next week. Present at the meeting were some Managers of GIFEC.
Bessa Simons, the Second Vice President of MUSIGA and Mrs. Diana Hopeson, a lifetime Patron and immediate Past President received the items on behalf of the Union. Bice Osei Kuffour, the current MUSIGA President is currently out of the country for a program.
In a related development, some of the Executives of the Union on the morning of this same day, met with the Technical Committee and representatives of KPMG to finalize issues concerning the research on the contribution of music to the GDP of Ghana at the office of the World Bank in Accra. This research is being funded by The Government of Ghana and supported by The World Bank.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- FOR THOSE IN UK: Afrobeat Returns-Afrobeat Sundays May Bank Holiday Special
- R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ At The 2013 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards + Full List Of The Winners…
- PHOTOS: Banky W, Wizkid, Bola Ray, Samini, StoneBwoy, R2Bees, Jupita, Ekow Smith Asante & Others At Pre-Vodafone Ghana Music Awards party At Excel Lounge!
- Ghana Music Awards 2013: Winner Of ‘Artistes of the Year’ To Get A New Car
- If R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ Then Charter House May Redefine That Category + My Predictions For The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2013
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?